Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:29:27 AM EDT
When his Aunt and Uncle died, he did not really seem to care, especially in comparison to when Obi-Wan died.

I mean, he spent all of a day with Obi-Wan compared to his entire life with his aunt and uncle.

It did not even appear he buried them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.  Ben was his mentor, his uncle was a hard-ass.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
and he made out with his sister he's just one fucked up cookie.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]
seem to remember him screaming and crying.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You arent supposed to notice the deaths of ancillary characters.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#7]
He was already wanting to leave, and in his heart he had already left.

Shane
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I lost all respect for that movie when Lucas redid part of the film and made Guido shooting first at Han Solo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Yep Greedo was gunned down.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Luke's uncle was into kinky shit with a miget Wookie somehow involved....
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Watch it again.

He's briefly shocked, then angry.

I know everyone gives Mark Hamil a hard time, but he's a pretty good actor.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I noticed they changed the cantina scene with Guido shooting at Han Solo.  In the original movie, Han shot Guido first.

I wonder why they changed it.

Uh, I think the Rodians name was Greedo.  Not like the Godfather.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Here is the part of the story they left out.

That's pretty funny. Not often you can send up two icons and once and do it that well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#19]
HAN DID NOT SHOOT "FIRST".

Han SHOT.  Han got up, apologized for the mess, and flipped the barkeep a coin.

End scene.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Read the book, it explains it a little bit better...and not the thin "adapted from the movie" book that has been floating around for awhile...I mean the one that is like 400-500 pages long.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Uncle Owen was a hardass.  Luke had already decided to split.

I have to say I really enjoyed watching the original Star Wars right after Episode II:  Attack of the Clones which was made 25 years later.  The stories fit together very well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I noticed they changed the cantina scene with Guido shooting at Han Solo.  In the original movie, Han shot Guido first.

P.C. They couldn't have Han Solo doing a pre-emptive strike.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Have you guys no respect!?!?!?!?!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Uncle owen was kind of an ass.  If you lived with some guy who basically used you as a free labor droid,  made you get up at the crack of dawn to work on the moisture harvesters,  wouldn't let you go to the academy to fight the empire like your friends and made you hang out with those damn jawas all the time,  

wouldn't you be glad to be rid of them?
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Actually that is a little wrong. Han did not shoot first in the orginal.
Han was the only one doing the shooting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't think it's fair to say he didn't care.  When he found out the stormtroopers would have tracked the droids to their house he freaked and took off as fast as he could to go check on them, even though Obi Wan said there was nothing he could do.  When he saw what had happened he was angered enough to decide to go train with Obi Wan and fight the Empire.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Here is the part of the story they left out.

That's pretty good production value.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When his Aunt and Uncle died, he did not really seem to care, especially in comparison to when Obi-Wan died.

I mean, he spent all of a day with Obi-Wan compared to his entire life with his aunt and uncle.

It did not even appear he buried them.

Three things.

First of all, give "Luke" a break. He may have been in shock. He may have still been running on the adrenaline rush from early in the day. When Ben bought it, he may have been at the end of the surge. Or he may have been riding on Ben's energy or even Ben's force aura. But when Ben bought it, there was no one else around to supply that carrier wave .... if that idea is correct, that is.

Secondly, burial appeared not to be the custom. After all, when Luke returned to Ben, they were burning the small fry, not burying them.

Finally, keep in mind that this was the first movie (I've never seen the remake, so I am assuming we are talking about the original). Lucas didn't know that this thing was going to take off as it did, so he probably focused his story telling on what would be powerful, what could be covered up by follow on action scenes. It's a fictional movie, it is suppose to be entertaining, not real life. Otherwise, why pay to see it?
(After old associate Entek charges him and he sends him off to oblivion. "Pity ...... I had rather liked him."--Garak who then turns and departs for the ship, much to Kira's shock, (w,stte), DS 9 "Second Skin")
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top