Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 5:22:11 PM EDT
Well, I know I've lived in the sticks too long, but just noticed today when I held up a $5 bill to the light that there is another person's picture on it. As you look at Lincoln, the other pic is on the right hand side of the bill.

So, who is it?

NMSight
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
it's Lincoln.. same picture as the one in the center, it's a "watermark" image to help prevent counterfeiting.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I never noticed that before either, but that's Lincoln too.  It's a watermark, so it doesn't look as good as the other pic.  They did the same thing on the twenty.  I don't have a ten to look at, but I bet it's there, too.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This bill is in pretty good shape which is why I was looking at it when I joked to my wife that someone probably just took it off the line and pressed it.

Anyway, it sure looks like a guy w/mustache and no beard to me. Maybe I better stop off at the bank tomorrow and check it out before I try to spend it somewhere.

NMSight
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:22:28 AM EDT
[#4]
LMAO, you guys..all the new bills have water marks like that, there's also plastic trip imbedded into the bill with the face amount printed on it.  Also some where in the main portrait, there is micro printing that says "The United States of America."  This is so small that if you put the bill in a copy machine and copied it, it would look like a black line. Abe has it to the left and right of his name.  Hamilton is just above his name.  Jackson is kinda like Abe's on either side of his name.  Grant is tricky. His is on his collar.  I don't hav any Benjamins with me so I can't tell you exactly where his is.

Also on the 10's 20's 50's and 100's the bottom right number, if you twist the bill, it chages colors from green to black.  There are still the colored fibers imbedded into the bill, and if you run your finger on their collars you will feel they are textured, not just flat.  These are the ones off the top of my head.  If I remember anymore I'll post them for you.

Can you tell I used to work for a bank? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
It's Baron Rothschild, from the Trilateral Commission (Illuminati)...
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Real money doesn't burn either. Try lighting one of your bills with a cigarette lighter. If the new bills burn they are fakes.[:)]

Michael
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm ready to bet it's Al Gore
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Real money doesn't burn either. Try lighting one of your bills with a cigarette lighter. If the new bills burn they are fakes.[:)]

Michael
View Quote

Now that's just plain mean.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top