Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 3:46:20 AM EDT
September 5, 2008

Al-Qaeda networks in Mosul set back
BAGHDAD – Coalition forces detained 14 suspected terrorists, including three wanted men, during operations culminating Friday in and around Mosul targeting al-Qaeda in Iraq senior leaders.

One of the wanted men, detained Friday with two associates, is assessed to be a senior advisor to AQI operations in northern Mosul. Intelligence reports indicate he oversees all attacks and provides advice for targeting.

Another wanted man detained Friday is allegedly involved in coordinating finances for AQI in Mosul, and is believed to take part in extortion schemes and kidnappings to raise money for terrorist operations.

One of two men detained Friday when Coalition forces used information from an operation Jul. 28 is suspected of directly conspiring with AQI senior leaders in Mosul.

Coalition forces detained two men during a Friday operation targeting bombing network leaders in the city, and a 48-hour security sweep of Salamiyah, just south of Mosul, netted six suspected AQI terrorists.

“There is no safe haven for al-Qaeda in Iraq – Iraqi Security Forces and Coalition forces are seeking them out in the cities and rural areas,” said Maj. John C. Hall, MNF-I spokesman.

Link

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 3:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Crush  Kill  Destroy
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:03:37 AM EDT
[#3]
But I just heard some one on the dems side say we were losing. All this crap with AQ so silent in bombings makes me wonder if they are up to something very very big and gonnna do it like in mid oct to influence the elections just they did in spain a few years ago..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top