Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:20:20 AM EDT
The format is horrible.  They get the prize for worst bulletin board software ever.  I find it really difficult to follow.  The comments are at times hilarious and frightening, but mostly I just can't stand to stare at the horrific format.  I'm glad that somebody has the time and ability to sift through all that crap for the occasional gem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I also wondered about this based on half the topics on GD being DU spy threads. I already know what those loonies want. Its the opposite of what I want.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't go there.  I don't care what their opinions are.  They are nothing more than fringe lunatics with severely skewed visions of reality.  

I'm amazed to find members here who value what they have to say.   Reposting their comments and acting as if they're angered by them makes me wonder if they honestly believe they represent the majority of democratic voters.   They (DU) are the kooks of the left.  They are not on par.

+1...

I cant stand all the threads about DU. I dont go there nor do I care to nor do I care what they have to say. Those ppl going there and coming here saying "Look at DU, etc etc" they need to get a life and realize if I wanted to know what DU had to say, id go there my damn self.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I had never been there until about two minutes ago, and they get credit for the shittiest content design ever.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]

You'll get liberal brain rot. It's contagious.

seriously I peeked a few times, but hate their format. drives me nuts, each reply gets it's own title? wtf.

Anyways i got my 2 post account banned when I posted an image of Obama with his new and short lived "Vero Possumus" presidential seal with a possum head photoshopped over his.  

They don't have much of a sense of humor over there, and are heavy on the censor button.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]
People familiar with nuclear reactions may find this familiar.

Libtards spontaneously emit particles of misinformation called bullshitons. And, when a Libtard absorbs a bullshiton he spontaneously emits two more bullshitons at an even higher energy level than the original bullshiton.

When Libtards are diffused throughout a larger population they simply go around spreading low grade shit. The non libtards moderate and eliminate the bullshitons through the reality check principle.

However, when you get a bunch of libtards together, without any moderating people, the bullshit reaction runs out of control and goes supercritical in a nuclear bullshit explosion. DU is a self sustaining bullshit explosion. It’s best to stay out of that place.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]
What's even nuttier, is that I saw a thread there where they all praised the format and sucked the admin's cocks for writing such great board software.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Libtards spontaneously emit particles of misinformation called bullshitons. And, when a Libtard absorbs a bullshiton he spontaneously emits two more bullshitons at an even higher energy level than the original bullshiton.

When Libtards are diffused throughout a larger population they simply go around spreading low grade shit. The non libtards moderate and eliminate the bullshitons through the reality check principle.

However, when you get a bunch of libtards together, without any moderating people, the bullshit reaction runs out of control and goes supercritical in a nuclear bullshit explosion. DU is a self sustaining bullshit explosion. It’s best to stay out of that place.

Bastard! made me choke on my egg sandwich!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They are nothing more than fringe lunatics with severely skewed visions of reality.  

I wish someone could hack their site so that the line above appeared in the Explorer title bar.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't go there.  I don't care what their opinions are.  They are nothing more than fringe lunatics with severely skewed visions of reality.  

I'm amazed to find members here who value what they have to say.   Reposting their comments and acting as if they're angered by them makes me wonder if they honestly believe they represent the majority of democratic voters.   They (DU) are the kooks of the left.  They are not on par.

Amen and goodnight! I feel the same way...the few times I've read that tripe I've felt like yakking...so...I stopped going there. You can't fix stupid. And that place (DU) is stupid's clearinghouse.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The format is horrible.  They get the prize for worst bulletin board software ever.  I find it really difficult to follow.  The comments are at times hilarious and frightening, but mostly I just can't stand to stare at the horrific format.  I'm glad that somebody has the time and ability to sift through all that crap for the occasional gem.

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't do it.  It makes me want to curl up in the fetal position to protect myself.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been over there exactly one time and I thought my head was going to explode. No more for me, thanks...
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This should be taught in schools.

I tried to read DU once after learning about it here several years ago.
It hurt just to look at it and thinking about it made me ill.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't dare to go in there; I fear my brain cells would die by the millions if I did.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Their "tortured and mutilated" format demonstrates their "tortured and mutilated" thinking.

A one-time visit there will make you appreciate Goatboy's "skills" all the more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are nothing more than fringe lunatics with severely skewed visions of reality.  

I wish someone could hack their site so that the line above appeared in the Explorer title bar.
Is that a challenge
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't dare to go in there; I fear my brain cells would die by the millions if I did.
you would leave there with 3 brain cells

ETA: One to remember never come go back
One to remember how to eat and drink.
And one for talking

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I find the format worse than the politics. I guess it's to prevent anyone but the most dedicated libs and trolls from posting there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#20]
For nearly as much libtard BS (with a few conservatives who don't get banned just for opposing viewpoints) check out boards.straightdope.com

vbulletin (I think) with rabid foaming at the mouth hatred of the Right (and the right).

Mayor Palin tried to force her local Library to ban books she didn't like -
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=481583

"Wow. I must say I figured one reason they named her for VP was that her record was so short that it must be squeaky clean. I suppose it turned out not to be thus. Still, hard to see how a good old-fashioned book banning wouldn't play wonderfully to the Republican base."
"And of course, the correct way to deal with decisions about the library is to.....FIRE THE LIBRARIAN! She's obviously the reason the town is going to Hell in a handbasket."

The RNC Sarah Palin Speech Thread -
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=481617

Was that speech really that good? I thought it was incredibly disjointed like she was reading from a checklist and not giving a speech. Like when Bill Clinton, or Obama, or Huckabee were up there I felt like I was being led somewhere. It seemed like she read a statement or two from a checklist and then waited for applause. Then went to the next bullet with no segue or lead in or anything.
I really thought it was painful to watch. But I appear to be a minority as all the commentators on CNN and Fox referred to it as "sophisticated" and "brilliant."

I thought her delivery was strident and annoying. She lacked warmth, charisma, sincerity or authority. She mechanically delivered a boilerplate attack speech which plays fine to the tards on the convention floor, but I don't see how it had any appeal to anyone who wasn't already solidly inside the tent.

I found her folksy "hockey mom" schtick to be phony and oversold. Her attacks on Obama were stupidly condescending coming from someone who hasn't accomplished half of what he has. And what was the point of insulting all community organizers? WTF? What a fucking snob.

Top Top