Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2001 8:22:56 AM EDT
We must encourage our elected officials to reverse this absured mag ban. I'm tired of paying $100.00 or more for mags. IDEA: like the brady law, why not make CCW holders exempt from the mag ban. After all, if we can be trusted to carry concealed weapons, can we not be trusted to utilize some hi-cap mags with our concealed weapons ?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#2]
What, 10 rounds not enough?

If you can't do it with 11, you aint going to do it with 15,16,17.

Let's see 100 bucks equals 5 - 10 rounders.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Waterdog
View Quote

You sound like Bill Ruger. I trust you were joking. Even if you were I am not amused.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Waterdog
View Quote

What if there were more than ten assailants? Maybe 15,16,17?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
All arguments purporting that more than 10 rounds are absurd and unnecessary are de facto arguments against their very own point.  Think about it, and you'll agree.  But then, I can also argue that same point on all gun laws in general.  Jeesh.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Changing the law only requires replacing one word in 18 USC 44 Sec. 921-31(a). Replace 10 with say 30, 50, infinite. Whatever your heart desires.

Now, take an omnibus law. Place this little statement near the middle, but too far for most to read.

Subsection 31(a) of Section 921, is hereby amended by replacing "10" with "50"

I bet, half the congress critter won't either read the law or will miss this or will not have a clue what Sec. 921 is. They probably know Sec. 922, which lists most gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, I am currently trying to work out an Omnibus bill that will cloak a massive repeal of many gun laws, while still looking good to those who "do it for the children" Maybe federal funds for Class 3A armor for Police. Maybe more funds for local police. Perhaps, a minor tax measure.

Anything that will get the Libs. to pass it.

My favorite would be this:

Chapter 44 of Title 18 is hereby repealed.

8 Words would virtually eliminate all Federal gun laws overnight.

It isn't hard to hide 8 words in an Omnibus law.

This would also work:

Sec. 922 of Chapter 44 of Title 18 is hereby repealed.

11 words on that one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Even this has 27 words:

A well regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
When and if I complete that bill, I'll probably pass it to a few congress critters with this at the top.

This bill may be cited as "The Omnibus Law Enforcement Appropriations Act of 2002," "The Safe Streets And Schools Act of 2002," "The Crime Prevention Act of 2002," etc...

A catchy title can get alot of votes (hopefully)
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The mag ban seems to be more in the minds of people like Feinswine and Schumer than in actual reality.  I've never had a problem finding plenty of full capacity mags for all of my firearms.  Prices, that's another problem.  But actually, only the prices on Glock mags (which always mysteriously seem to be quite in abundance) are exhorbitant.  Okay, M14 mags have gone through the roof, too, as have some others.  

If you don't like buying expensive mags, start a revolver collection.  But please don't suggest anymore stupid laws or stupid addendums to stupid laws because all that does is legitimize gun control--the Brady law is totally unjust and unconstitutional.  We want it repealed, not amended.

I like the idea of hiding little poison pill repeals in big bills, but for some reason it never seems to happen.  They can steal our freedom with the PATRIOT Act which most lawmakers [b]didn't even read[/b] but we never seem to be able to get away with an expansion of freedom by the same means.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top