Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 9:28:20 AM EDT
The quiz for today is, who made these statements?

"In many neighborhoods, there's too much gun violence in
               America.  Despite all the progress against crime, teenagers, [b]almost as
               many teenagers die from gunshot wounds as from all natural causes
               combined.[/b]  And that's not right, and we are going to do something about
               it."

"We must help people reclaim their neighborhoods and their streets.  We
               must help those who want to live in a comfortable environment feel
               safe.  That's one of our primary jobs.  And so I proposed a program called
               Project Safe Neighborhoods.  And you have a clear charge to [b]fight gun
               violence in America.[/b]"

"And finally, we want to make sure that the federal government works more
               closely with communities and community-based programs, and faith-based
               groups, [b]to steer our children away from guns before they take a life or lose
               their own."[/b]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Was that a Dubya speech?

"Faith based" groups?

We are a faith based group too, we have faith that if you mess with us, we'll shoot you!

[rail] [sniper]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't anyone else want to take a guess?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Lesse... either the former Senator from Illinois (what [b]was[/b] her name?)  or, the illustrious [gag] junior senator from NY (before she was senator)?

No, no, it had to be ... the former Surgeon General --- what the heck... I can't recall [b]her[/b] name either... that's my mind, blocking out all those bad years... I woke up and 8 years had gone by!

(Edited to add the Surgeon General part)
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Chills me just to think which Republican said that.

Could only have been Mr. Bush.

------
"Don't vote for the Democrat, he'll sell you out immediately... on the other hand, I will exercise a 6 week cooling off period before I sell you (gunowners) out."

Guess who said that!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know, and I don't care.

We're all doomed!

Did you see Survivor?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Imbroglio,

DUDE?

Where's my prize?

I voted for him too...damn!

[shock]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Joycelyn Elders?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#8]
How bout mr. reno?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, calm down for a second.  Now when a politician, especially the former President, says something like, we all assume the worst.

Now if someone such as myself were to make these comments, the reaction from the group here would be quite different.

He didn't call for anymore laws. Let's give GW the benefit of doubt until he proves himself one way or the other.  Did you here that J.C. Watts is one of the names being considered as the director of the RNC?  There is no way GW will screw us like his father did and then put JC Watts in charge of the RNC.

As for the statements.
Yes there is too much violence in teenagers in America and something needs to be done.  Those bastards are getting our rights taken away.  So let's start enforcing the existing law that says 5 years in jail for criminals with guns.

Project Safe Neighborhoods, I'm not sure what it is. But we do have to fight gun violence in our neighborhoods.  Dropping gun crime, is the only way the public will support such things as repealing the AW ban and 86 NFA ban.

Steer our children away from guns before they take a life.  I fully agree.  It doesn't say steer children away from guns.  It says before they do something bad with one.  If there wasn't Columbine there would never have been a Million Mom March.

The children and teens that use gun in crimes are the bastards that are getting our rights taken away.  We need to get them under control, which might actually happen under Bush.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I don't see a problem with that.  That is the basic anti-death speech.  The differences is that at the end of W's speech he didn't call for massive new gun control laws, like the liberals do.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Truth of the day.  [b]"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend."[/b]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
These were the same things said by the klinton administration.

BUSH WASN'T SPEAKING AT A CAMPAIGN RALLY, BUT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WILL ATTEMPT TO GET YOU CONVICTED OF HAVING A BAYONET LUG ON A "POST BAN ASSAULT WEAPON". So don't give me the crap about "he was only saying that to get votes".

From the CDC:

"Firearm deaths for children and teens dropped significantly between 1997 and 1998, according to a new mortality statistics report released today by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The report shows 3,792 children and adolescents under age 20 died in 1998 from firearms"

What happened to everyone talking about how absurd the term "gun violence" was 4 years ago?

An emeny of the Constitution is still an enemy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Imbroglio,

DUDE?

Where's my prize?

I voted for him too...damn!

[shock]
View Quote

Ok you are the winner. You get to be Kettle Corn King for a day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top