Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2001 8:34:41 PM EDT
At the age of 30 I can't take it anymore.  I see the bullshit on a daily basis.  I have been gone off the boards for about 2 months for various reasons mostly because I have been gone hunting but, everywhere I go I see so much injustice I am sick of it.  "In the gun culture" as I recently finished "Unintended Consequences" to the guys looking to race sand dragsters and the government trying to shut down every avenue for someone to get into all the property the the government [b]"owns"[/b]. As anyone that knows me will tell you I am the most argumentive person they know; I can't help but think it is my calling.  As much as I hate lawyers we need people to stand up with a solid legal leg.  Am I nuts?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You're nuts, but don't worry, that's not a disqualification from being admitted to the Bar!

Eric The(LyingAtTheBar)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanna be a lawyer.....
View Quote

Why do you want to be a liar? Ooops never mind, you said lawyer.

Ai
View Quote

HEY THAT'S MY LINE! I HAVE USED IT MORE THAN TWICE ON THIS BOARD!  Like I said it kills me but, I hate the BS!
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a welder by trade and one thing that killed me at the time was my neighbor/lawyer at the time that I did some work for charged me $110 an hour while I charged him $35.  Believe me it is not the money!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Start now and you can be a lawyer in 7 years or so. 4 years of undergrad work & 2-3 years of law school.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Justice has very little to do with the law anymore.

If I remember correctly (& its been awhile) an undergraduate degree is not mandatory for admission to law school.  Some law schools only require 2yrs of undergraduate coursework.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Exorcizo te, omnis spiritus immunde, in nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis, et in noimine Jesu Christi Filii ejus, Domini et Judicis nostri, et in virtute Spiritus Sancti, ut descedas ab hoc plasmate Dei Gunrunner, quod Dominus noster ad templum sanctum suum vocare dignatus est, ut fiat templum Dei vivi, et Spiritus Sanctus habitet in eo. Per eumdem Christum Dominum nostrum, qui venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos, et saeculum per ignem.

Luck
Alac

God help you

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Nobody likes Latin
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Nobody recognizes an exorcism anymore. 'Course barristers are often more difficult to exorcise than demons. Mayhap its to late for you Gunrunner.

Luck
Alac

Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus- Cicero
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nobody likes Latin
View Quote

I do, but I can't understand it very well yet.  I'm trying to learn it....It's fun to chant at people.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Run for office instead.  If you win, you get your foot in the door to lobby the other elected officials.  They're the ones making the laws, not the lawyers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top