Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:12:33 AM EDT
cant keep my truck on the road, broke down for the third time this month. the repair costs are eating me alive, its the rear end this time, in the shop getting replaced. losing 2-3 days.company i work for want,s to know how long. this is the height of our hauling season and things are slow, no time to be down.crips my luck sucks here latley. and the rumor is next year the asphalt business is going to be BAD. COST,S ARE GOING THRU THE ROOF, asphalt here is 68$ a ton now! .got a letter for the main quarry in town, that as of jan,1 2009 stone price is going up 15%. they up the price 3 times this year all ready. well...what doesnt kill ya, only makes ya stronger. might be time to look fer somthin else
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody cares ...........huh?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, at least you don't have ebola.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I care!  That sucks, man.  How come breakdowns always happen at the worst time?  I guess its that pesky Murphy guy.  

Hopefully you will have a good run after this!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone has weeks, months or years like this. And people will contiune to survive them, so hang in there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nope, no one does.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, no one does.

at least you care enough, to say you dont care
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, no one does.

at least you care enough, to say you dont care

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Your partial story is hard to understand,  nobody knows what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your partial story is hard to understand,  nobody knows what you're talking about.

try ta keep up ,ok?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Or brittney spears and kevin federline as parents
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Why can't your cost to the customer go up 30% when they raise base prices 15%? Competition that bad in the area?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#13]
At least oil prices are coming down a little while you are in the shop.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why can't your cost to the customer go up 30% when they raise base prices 15%? Competition that bad in the area?

work is slow, people are hanging on to their money.constuction is WAY down.VIRGINIA has no money [or very little ] to repair or build roads.jacking up the price three time,s in 6 month.s, asphalt is out of site, and there's talk of a shortage of it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
At least oil prices are coming down a little while you are in the shop.

AMEN! diesel dropped here to 4.45.thats 30 cents in two weeks
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#16]
nitecrew
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#17]
well at least you got work coming in
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
cant keep my truck on the road, broke down for the third time this month. the repair costs are eating me alive, its the rear end this time, in the shop getting replaced. losing 2-3 days.company i work for want,s to know how long. this is the height of our hauling season and things are slow, no time to be down.crips my luck sucks here latley. and the rumor is next year the asphalt business is going to be BAD. COST,S ARE GOING THRU THE ROOF, asphalt here is 68$ a ton now! .got a letter for the main quarry in town, that as of jan,1 2009 stone price is going up 15%. they up the price 3 times this year all ready. well...what doesnt kill ya, only makes ya stronger. might be time to look fer somthin else

Oh I care. It sucks, I feel for ya.
Right now I just got a job that I hope to save up some money so I can actually get to school. I have yet to get an apartment. I have no support beyond tuition. If I don't move to the other college I can't get anymore classes toward my degree. All this while I have about $7k in medical bills from an accident last December. Why can't I get some .gov money? I'm actually working to improve myself...wait, no my parent's earn too much. Nevermind they give me minimal support (to be honest, I like having to work for stuff rather than be handed it)
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I am laid off from my summer job.  Fortunately, the chimney calls are beginning to come in.  Unfortunately, I expect a high number of calls, followed by zero follow through on necessary but expensive repair work.  Keep your head up.  It can only get so bad before the only way to go is up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I never feel sorry for asphalt contractors, they have eaten this state up and made a fortune. I realize you are one of the little guys and it sucks you are hurt but I am tired of an inferior product being touted and used incorrectly and cheating taxpayers for improper installation.

PCC pavement for long term goodness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top