Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh, it sounds more like an apartment rule of no attached flags...

Coffey said she’s not against displaying the U.S. flag and will work with Brazeau to come to some sort of compromise. Several residents at Autumn Park West have small U.S. flags flying from their porches, but none are on poles attached by brackets.

"If somebody wants to put a flag on a pole on their patio I would be more than happy for them to do it," Coffey said. "Rest assured, we’re not telling him he cannot fly his flag."

On Monday, he tied a large U.S. flag to his porch railing, he said, in an attempt to get around the apartment’s rules.

"I don’t know what they’re going to say about that," Brazeau said. "But it’s our constitutional right to fly the flag."

lol, show me where in the constitution is says that... since its not his property (he's renting), he doesn't have that right... I don't have the right to stick flags on other's property.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Meh, it sounds more like an apartment rule of no attached flags...

Coffey said she’s not against displaying the U.S. flag and will work with Brazeau to come to some sort of compromise. Several residents at Autumn Park West have small U.S. flags flying from their porches, but none are on poles attached by brackets.

"If somebody wants to put a flag on a pole on their patio I would be more than happy for them to do it," Coffey said. "Rest assured, we’re not telling him he cannot fly his flag."

On Monday, he tied a large U.S. flag to his porch railing, he said, in an attempt to get around the apartment’s rules.

"I don’t know what they’re going to say about that," Brazeau said. "But it’s our constitutional right to fly the flag."

lol, show me where in the constitution is says that... since its not his property (he's renting), he doesn't have that right... I don't have the right to stick flags on other's property.

1st Ammendment; however the building's owner can prevent him from attaching a bracket with a flagpole to their building.

Which is why they'll work out a reasonable accomodation with him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
This is exactly why I don't fly flags.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top