Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:20:51 PM EDT
A few years ago it was a better place to hang out. However, recently it seems that it's been taken over by sissys and bitchy women. There are still some cool people who frequent the site. It's just that the sissys, libtards etc are in much greater numbers over there these days.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried to log on yesterday and my account is locked.  I hadn't logged on in two weeks but I had been reading threads.  I can still log on under my old username and see my user CP but i can not post, reply, IM, or email anyone.

I sent an email to the webmaster yesterday but so far I have gotten no reply.  I didn't get banned but I can't participate either.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I tried to log on yesterday and my account is locked.  I hadn't logged on in two weeks but I had been reading threads.  I can still log on under my old username and see my user CP but i can not post, reply, IM, or email anyone.

I sent an email to the webmaster yesterday but so far I have gotten no reply.  I didn't get banned but I can't participate either.

You must have posted something unknowingly and got locked. Eric the punk, is famous for doing this. He likes playing "my site".

Did I mention that Eric is a punk?!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A few years ago it was a better place to hang out. However, recently it seems that it's been taken over by sissys and bitchy women. There are still some cool people who frequent the site. It's just that the sissys, libtards etc are in much greater numbers over there these days.

Sounds like this site as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Improper etiquette to bad mouth another gun forum from a gun forum
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Improper etiquette to bad mouth another gun forum from a gun forum
Yep.  Not a good idea to start a board flaming war.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not really. I like this site.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
For example. If you were to poll most GTers, they'd say you should have to have a permit to own a gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Too many kabooms taking out it's members???  Maybe?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Too many kabooms taking out it's members???  Maybe?

Just the good ones.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
 One time my Glock 19 started failing to extract/eject. I took a pic of the malfunction and went to that board since it was a Glock board and asked about my problem. People started jumping on me saying there was no malfunction and I was faking the malfunction trolling. I didn't ever go back to that board.

Glock did completely rebuild my shot to death gun complete with new extractor and even a new frame for free. The only parts I got back that I sent them were the barrel and slide. They even gave me a new mag all for free.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
It's the same here with trolls, post/attention whores etc...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
For example. If you were to poll most GTers, they'd say you should have to have a permit to own a gun.

That's crazy talk.  Do you need a permit to voice your opinion?  To practice your religion?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's crazy talk.  Do you need a permit to voice your opinion?  To practice your religion?

That's the new crop of retards that joined up over there. They, the new crop of tards, feel that all ex cons should loose their rights forever. They also feel that an 18 year old who boinks his 16 year old girlfriend should be branded as a sex preditor for life.

Just 2 examples of the insanity that is considered the norm over there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  The pussification of America is well underway.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a lot of JBT cock blowing that goes on there too. It was a great site when I originally joined but it went downhill shortly after. If the BS stopped I'd post there again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Banning Larry Vickers was a real class-act on their part.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
have not posted there in about a year

I have lurked on occassion when AR goes down
but GD is better and if i need Glock info out tech forums are great here
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I've noticed a downward spiral of everything.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#20]
well, i could never log in overthere...so screw that
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#21]
There are gunsites besides arfcom? What?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  The pussification of America is well underway.

+2  GT is my backup site for when ARFCOM is down and I need my 'gun talk' fix.  ARFCOM has not quite gotten to the level that GT has gone, but sometimes I think we're getting close with all the internal cock stroking and emotional bitch posts.  The popularity contests for some on these boards reminds me a lot of high school.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
That place has always been "remarkably average".IMO
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
 One time my Glock 19 started failing to extract/eject. I took a pic of the malfunction and went to that board since it was a Glock board and asked about my problem. People started jumping on me saying there was no malfunction and I was faking the malfunction trolling. I didn't ever go back to that board.

Glock did completely rebuild my shot to death gun complete with new extractor and even a new frame for free. The only parts I got back that I sent them were the barrel and slide. They even gave me a new mag all for free.

I got locked for something similar.  I had the slide lock spring on my 26 break, which meant the lock was not being held down (and would lock the slide after every round).  I posted about it, and massive flaming ensued.  I ultimately posted some pics of what I thought the Glock was good for, and Eric banned me.  Of course, one pic was of the 26 frame with a toilet brush attached to the top where the slide should be (stuck in a toilet).  Another was of the barrel driven into the ground with a golf ball on top of it...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to hang out over there, untill a fricass with a known felon came up...

I decided then, that I didn't need to hang out there anymore.

The disinformation/ misinformation, posturing, and silliness just flat got outta hand.

Kinda like GD on Meth and LSD combined.

Maybe it will come back after a bit.

Meh...

S-28
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Of course, one pic was of the 26 frame with a toilet brush attached to the top where the slide should be (stuck in a toilet).  Another was of the barrel driven into the ground with a golf ball on top of it...

Post Pics or BAN!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I like GT. I'm pretty new to the gun forums, but not new to forums in general.

Being a forum whore since 1998 or so, i shake my head at more posters here than on any other forum i've been a part of. I'm still deciding if that's a bad thing or not
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You mean just like Arfcom?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, they started going downhill after Geko45 left

I've yet to see a site as enthusiastic about accuracy as this one.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Of course, one pic was of the 26 frame with a toilet brush attached to the top where the slide should be (stuck in a toilet).  Another was of the barrel driven into the ground with a golf ball on top of it...

Post Pics or BAN!

I'll have to dig them out, this was probably 6-8 years ago!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post Pics or BAN!

I'll have to dig them out, this was probably 6-8 years ago!

I'm preemptively calling a possible just b/c I'd love to see those pics.  I'll save the BIG BS flag for later
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i noticed that on another forum also
unrelated to guns
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It was a great site when I originally joined but it went downhill shortly after..

Here in lies the problem
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:42:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I find that GT has more of a cross section of "real" people who have some idea as to how the real world works, instead of the "it oughtta be" pie-in-the-sky crowd that fuels so many threads here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:06:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I find that GT has more of a cross section of "real" people who have some idea as to how the real world works, instead of the "it oughtta be" pie-in-the-sky crowd that fuels so many threads here.

Yep.

More schizophrenic dumbass bullshit in GD than at GT.

If you want answers you post in GNG on GT, if you want tinfoil and the chance to i-slap around some damaged goods individuals you post on arfcom GD.

Got to admit though, it's fun slapping the tards around in here.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#37]
it's been pretty lame for a while.

I've heard some unpleasant things about the owner...won't repeat cause I don't know if they're true.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

That's probably a good assessment.

Arfcom has much more of a "gun guy" membership while GT seems to have more of a "average gun owner" type of people.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Heck yes!!!

It's getting pathetic over there.They created the OAF sub-forum for all the stupid bullshit but there isn't enough attention there so they post worthless kiddie stuff in GNG

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#40]
I used to post on that site frequently, but haven't even logged in in over a year.  Place sucks ass.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Arfcom has much more of a "gun guy" membership while GT seems to have more of a "average gun owner" type of people.

Actually the average gun owner element, while true, is not what I was referring to.

It's the sheeple, sissy's, anti religion zealots and anti male women who frequent the site, lately is what I'm mainly referring to.

On top of that they have this bitch moderator,(Mrs VR) who looks like Punky Brewster and her husband  Pee Wee Herman, who gets jealous when guys post pics showing off their wives and girlfriends wearing bathing suits.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The popularity contests for some on these boards reminds me a lot of high school.

+1

It amazes me that people manage to form cliques on something essentially impersonal like an internet forum.  It says something rather depressing about human nature.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
There's a lot of JBT cock blowing that goes on there too.  

Exactly what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, I haven't heard back after emailing the webmaster about my account being locked over there.  I didn't do anything to get myself banned so I have no clue as to why they would disable my posting abilities but still allow me to log in and mess with my avatar.  I guess I can still also IM administrators so I sent an IM to one.  

I guess I could just start a new account if I can't get my first one back open.  Why would they disable a guy for not logging in in two weeks?  It has to be a glitch.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes, but it's been that way for a while.  It's not a recent or new thing.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually the average gun owner element, while true, is not what I was referring to.

It's the sheeple, sissy's, anti religion zealots and anti male women who frequent the site, lately is what I'm mainly referring to.

On top of that they have this bitch moderator,(Mrs VR) who looks like Punky Brewster and her husband  Pee Wee Herman, who gets jealous when guys post pics showing off their wives and girlfriends wearing bathing suits.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#47]
I post over there more then I do here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know both of those people.  And the guy is also an Arfcommer.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that those don't constitute a cross section of "average gun owners"? Do you have some mental image of the "average gun owner" being a modern rugged individualist version of the Marlboro man?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#50]
I got banned there.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top