Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:16:17 PM EDT
Been practicing handling my carbine left handed due to broken wrist and just realized I can run it right handed even with the cast.  I can't grip the pistol grip very well but I think I can run it better right handed even with the cast.

Reloads suck.  I'm probably only 2 or 3 times as fast as some gang banger piece of shit mother fucker now.

ETA: The aiming comes from the off-hand for me.  The weight bearing too.  My dominant hand doesn't need to do that much running a carbine.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow that is dedication.

Breaking a wrist simply to get training, I think I would just have put an oven mitt on my right hand....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wow that is dedication.

Breaking a wrist simply to get training, I think I would just have put an oven mitt on my right hand....

Wait...the wrist was an accident...I didn't do it FOR the training...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You are learning some very important skills grasshopper, good, very good.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's nothing...you should see the shit I can do one-handed driving my car or taking a shower.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nothing...you should see the shit I can do one-handed driving my car or taking a shower.

Bet Mr. Happy is enjoying some strange.

Hehehe...maybe

On the bright side I've had an inordinate amount of attention from the ladies including two numbers/follow-up calls with a date planned and an in-home visit that already occurred earlier in the week.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics are a must for this thread, while holding said AR with said cast.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pics are a must for this thread, while holding said AR with said cast.

Oh fuck...I feel obligated but this will be a bitch.  Let this be a placeholder.  If I can get pussy with one hand I sure as hell better be able to get a pic.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I cut my left hand nearly off to learn that I needed a semi auto HD shotgun.  Couldn't work a pump anymore.  Tap-rack and bang wasn't possible so I went to a revolver.

SRM
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Practice left handed.  It is a pain but worth it.  i started doing it years ago.  When I jacked my right hand and could not use it for a couple weeks it was nice to be like ahhhh just gotta get a little closer.  I already had a holster etc from practicing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
You'll learn to do so many other things in these short few weeks.  I broke mine 8 years ago.  

Wiping your ass is new all over again!  Showering with the trash bag on your arm getting old?  You learn to beat off with the left yet?

Get well soon, man.  Good luck with the recovery.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You'll learn to do so many other things in these short few weeks.  I broke mine 8 years ago.  

Wiping your ass is new all over again!  Showering with the trash bag on your arm getting old?  You learn to beat off with the left yet?

Get well soon, man.  Good luck with the recovery.  

So-so with the beat-off...hoping to not get that good...

linkeroo
\
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top