Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 4:20:52 PM EDT
In a matter of 5 days, I broke an Eotech mounting thumb screw, and also lost a screw, nut and rubber bushing out of a BladeTech holster.

I called both companies on June 23.  Both offered to send out replacement parts for free.  The Eotech part arrived 3 days later.

I have since called 2 more times to blade tech and sent an email w/no luck.  Here is the full blade tech story:  

I originally emailed BT and was told to call for better results.  I called on 6/23 and they (a male, unknown name?) offered to send the parts out to me, free of charge.  After 2 weeks, I called again and got "Tara".  She told me there was no record of my order but that they were at least 2 weeks behind in "Inputting orders" and to call back in 2 days (are they taking orders on paper?).  I called back 3 days later and got her voice mail and left a message.  Another 4 business days have gone by w/no c/b or products.

2 emails, 3 calls and 3+ weeks and counting....  I have no problem paying the $2-10 for the small parts but at this point, I wouldnt put much faith into receiving this order either.

Anyone know of a better way of contacting someone else at BT or a gun website where a Blade Tech rep posts??  I guess my next step is to try the local hardward store for "near matches".

I guess I just a little peeved that this experience is far different than any other one I've had w/them in the past.  I'm hoping that this isnt now the norm as I've been a BT fan for a while and was glad to see someone strong enough in his beliefs to add the "fish" to his products....

scottMO
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered an offset drop holster for an STI Edge once and never did get it. It was for a tactical match that I couldn't use my IPSC holster for. Their customer service does suck. I found out the hard way like you.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Bladetech's CS has consistantly underwhelmed me.

If you want to PM me an address, I'll fire you off the parts you need.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
They exist because no other major producer are willing to put out custom holsters like they are.  At least none that are high quality.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They exist because no other major producer are willing to put out custom holsters like they are.  At least none that are high quality.

So then they can completely forget abt the customer AFTER the holster is sold......
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Bladetech, My orders have come missing stuff and they neither refunded my money, nor sent the part. Bladetach can eat a dick.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Raven Concealment, for the win.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure how I feel about my RSC yet.

I picked up their belt model with all the attachments for IWB modes, etc. G34 w/ an X200.

Seems flimsy, but time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
oH shit! I ordered a holster which came cracked(they shipped in a paper bag). I returned it for a exchange and they tried to charge me again, They did respond to my e-mail stated that they would exchange it. But I'm still waitting for my holster. Now I read all this stuff?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000

And those are oustanding folks, with great CS.

My Raven Phantom is awesome, and they bent over backwards to make some custom mods for me, in a very timely manner.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks to hear. They have in the past been a very squared away company.
I had a customer order some gear for a deploying son. They arrived after his son shipped out so the father sent the holsters and stuff to him in iraq. When they arrived the holsters where not what the son wanted so the father called Bladetech. The father made the mistake and bladetech sent exactly what was ordered. They told him to have his son hand out the items that were wrong. They then sent the correct items along with a box full of extras direct to the son free of charge. I have never had one issue with them. I will say this, though I havent ordered from them in over a year so this may be a sign of things ot come. Sad really.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess this thread answers my question as to whether I should get the holster for my CZ direct or through GhostHolster.com (I'd go with another brand, but nobody makes one for the CZ-75B SA that's comparable to the BT).
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]
The best holster I have is a bladetech. The worst CS I have ever had in gun buying was from them. I could have almost had a child in the time it took to get my holster.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#13]
4 weeks later, still nothing.  Updated count is: 3 emails and 3 calls.  

It still amazes me that they just dont care.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a reminder that Blade Tech doesnt give a crap abt the little guy....

At least they aren't Botach, yet.......
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I know that it is not an excuse for poor customer service, but Blade Tech is a very small company.  I think that they have less than 10 employees.  I do agree, it seems like they get in over their head very often and it is the little guy (ie. people who are not brownells ordering 1000 items) that suffer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I hate to hear it.

Last year, I ordered a OWB holster and a double mag carrier and it came with no problems.  I liked it so well, that I ordered an IWB model from an email "sale notice" I received from them.  No problems there either, but as another poster stated, this was over a year ago.  Hopefully they can get their act together because they really are good products.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#17]
They've been good to me, maybe I'm just lucky..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top