Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 2:00:16 AM EDT
[url]http://www.remington.com/3d/700/700etronx.htm[/url]

Has it begun?

[b]Remington Model 700 EtronX[/b]

The Fastest, Most Accurate Ignition System Ever Developed.

The firearms and ammunition of the future are here now. Our revolutionary EtronX System is the most significant advancement in rifle and ammunition performance since smokeless powder. For the first time, cased centerfire cartridges are fired by a completely non-mechanical system that ignites primers by means of an electrical pulse. Ignition is virtually instantaneous. And the result is accuracy many never thought possible.

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
This rifle has been around for a while, where have you been? The price is still pretty unreasonable at over $1000 for a basic rifle.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This rifle has been around for a while, where have you been? The price is still pretty unreasonable at over $1000 for a basic rifle.

Michael
View Quote

I always go straight to the 700 rifle page.  Never seen this before.  Not sure if I would trust some electronic gizmo in a conventional rifle.

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool toy. It'll never make it to the battle field though, due to the electromagnetic pulse devices that would render it inoperable forever.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]
It almost sounds like the eletronic triggers that have been on ISU free pistols for ten years or so.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Got Duracell?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
It has been out for at least a year, the local shop has one in a 22-250.  The triggers on them ar definatly sweet.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It has been out for at least a year, the local shop has one in a 22-250.  The triggers on them ar definatly sweet.  
View Quote

Yeah, about a year ago is when I first saw one. Haven't played with one yet, but I have heard that the triggers are pretty nice.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top