Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 12:39:56 AM EDT
This is probably not news to a lot of you, but it was news to me. It appears eBay requires sellers to list all mags as 10-round mags even though they are obviously not and illegal to import into states such as CA. This could get some people in trouble.

Check this out:

[url]cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1035496090[/url]

or this

[url]cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1035612236[/url]

What kind of idiots run that company? I'm glad I never bought any of their stock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones I've seen usually say something like, "Ten rounds capacity to comply with ebay's rules.  Look at the size and determine for yourself.  Cannot ship to CA."  

I haven't looked at all listing, but the ones I did all mentioned not shipping to CA.  

I've pretty much given up on ebay.  I've bid on more than a dozen items in the past two weeks.  I lost all but one.  Most items sold for as much as or more than new ones cost.  One sold for a few bucks less than retail.  Example:  Lyman 450 bullet sizer, $94.00 from Midsouth; sold on ebay for $120.00.

Selling on ebay seems to be the hot business.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 3:59:07 AM EDT
[#3]
F*CK Ebay!

My friend bought a one year old used car against my advice and the damm things been repainted.  I'm afraid to tell him to get it up on a rack to inspect the undercarriage and other unseen body parts.

Beware the Ebay scammers!
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#4]
eBay can get you ripped off, but you CAN find some good deals out there. The thing is, you have to be very knowledgeable about what you are buying and its value. I've gotten some great deals on everything ranging from guitars to AR mags, but you have to be patient and willing to lose more auctions than you win. eBay is good for finding very obscure items that you may never find anywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Once I bought 138 USGI 30rd mags from a lady I found on eBay for $1000.

I find its better to find something you are interested in and email the seller asking about stuff they have that isn't currently on auction. That's how I got the mags. That is about the only way to get a deal unless its on something obscure.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#6]
If the seller says the mags hold 20 or 30 rounds, eBay dumps the auction. The first listing simply says the mags hold 10 rounds, and they do, easily with no crowding. I'm surprised the second listing hasn't been dumped.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
WOW!...30 round mags that only hold 10 rounds...and to top it off...they are RARE!

ROFLMAO!

This is soooo stupid!

medcop
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Another way to find some good deals is to search for the same thing, but with different words.  Instead of "Mag" try "magazine" or (bear with me) "clip".  Use your imigination to come up with different words.  this will allow you to find the stupid people who don't know what they've got.  Chances are pretty good that they won't have many bids, 'cause they don't show up with "normal" search words.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What kind of idiots run that company?
View Quote

Quirky idiots !

I thinking of listing my Beta C-mag as a ten round'er just to see what happens.
[}:D]
View Quote
......beta's hold 10rnds10times[}:)]i'd bet that would fly w/ebay...is everyone in california is blonde?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#10]
You have to look and be patient.
I have bought two ARMS M14 mounts there in the last two months.
$92 was the higher price.
cpermd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top