Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2001 11:32:00 AM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2001/11/22/international/oil/

And I thought those bastards were our friends.  I say we drop one symbolic 15,000 lb daisycutter bomb on the capital of each of those nations that cutback production  . . . just to show them that here in the USA, we don't take kindly to price fixers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://money.cnn.com/2001/11/22/international/oil/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
it only took 11 extra key strokes to get the link!
Also i think a daisy cutter is a little mild! maybe something in the kilo ton class[:)]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, as I would say to anyone who does this shit
[-!-]
remember, as G.W. said, either your with us, or your with the terrorists.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm for an extended ground campaign...I'll be in charge of the big titted blondes!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it is time to start rouding up and detaining those of or who look like they are of Norwegian descent.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Norway just made a big mistake.

It doesnt matter how many of these little players side with OPEC. Russia now controlls petrolium pricing as long as they can continue to afford dumping at below market value.

This will have 0 influence on US oil prices- in the EU things might be different.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh damn, I lost my job and have to sell some prebans to get by.....Oh shit!  Everybody else is doing the same thing so each preban is worth $500 less than I paid for it......Gee, I wish all these other prebans were taken off the market so I could get more $$$ for mine.

Or, you're an electrician who has been getting $60.00/hour for service work.  Suddenly 5 new electricians arrive in your town and the rate suddenly drops to $35.00/hour.  Bet you wish they'd all leave so the rate would go back up.  

This is no different.  Since when has basic capitalism been a sin?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh damn, I lost my job and have to sell some prebans to get by.....Oh shit!  Everybody else is doing the same thing so each preban is worth $500 less than I paid for it......Gee, I wish all these other prebans were taken off the market so I could get more $$$ for mine.

Or, you're an electrician who has been getting $60.00/hour for service work.  Suddenly 5 new electricians arrive in your town and the rate suddenly drops to $35.00/hour.  Bet you wish they'd all leave so the rate would go back up.  

View Quote

You mean since when has collusion and price fixing been anti-progressive in capitalistic economies?  Well, since day one, correct?  By dropping the price to compete in your hypothetical scenarios, basic capitalism is occurring.  

Conversely, Norway is COLLUDING with OPEC with the intent to FIX prices.  This is not how capitalism works; it's how it fails.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean since when has collusion and price fixing been anti-progressive in capitalistic economies?  Well, since day one, correct?  By dropping the price to compete in your hypothetical scenarios, basic capitalism is occurring.  

Conversely, Norway is COLLUDING with OPEC with the intent to FIX prices.  This is not how capitalism works; it's how it fails.
View Quote

Nice post.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Mexico cutting production by 100k/barrels a day as well. I don't think we really have many friends out there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Do it for the whales!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
It's their oil.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Can I get a Norwegian Army MP-5 out of it?! [uzi]

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey, more money in my pocket [:D]

I love the oil industry
View Quote

That's it, change the title of this thread to "Bomb brouhaha NOW!"

Hey, just foolin' [:D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is time to start rouding up and detaining those of or who look like they are of Norwegian descent.
View Quote

[b]HELL YEAH![/b]

and to think that my first name is 'HANS'...
[}:D]
View Quote

Yeah....but we like you and you shoot cool weapons to boot!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Mexico has been asking for it for some time now...
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Even though GW said "you are either with us or against us" countries and people do not get it.

Norway with this shit and Spain saying we cant kill terrorist. I think we should stick with the us vs them theory and tell Norway to F-off.

Spain is a pissant country we can get the terrorist out of there we should just give them the option of turning them over or fighting to keep em.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Where does all our Alaskan oil go? The Japs? Stop buying Nowegian Sardines! What else besides oil do they have?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I lost my job October 25th this year.  I had been working for Schlumberger Oilfield Services running a cement pump for a little over a year and a half.  Before I went to work for them I worked for BJ Services running a cement pump also.  My job was dependant on oil prices.  The higher the price, the more wells were drilled.  For every well drilled we could count on at least 2 cement jobs. Guess what happened, oil prices dropped because OPEC increased production. Another contributiong factor is the weather in the Northeast.  It has been a very mild winter so far.  That means less oil and natural gas is being used.  Now lets see if some of you can get this through your heads.  If OPEC and some of the other oil companies ( and this is another reason Bush is talkin to the Russians) can drop production even a little, oil and gas prices WILL come up here.  The more they come up, the more companies drill, the more they drill, the better chance I will have of getting a friggin job.  Right now I could care less if I get a chance to go out hunting or to the range.  All I care about is going back to work so I don't get kicked out of my apartment, or have my pickup or motorcycle repoed.  Hell, I'll be lucky to keep my guns.  So the next time you bitch about paying a little more at the pump think about guys like me.  I will gladly pay $1.50 a gallon at the pump to keep my job.  So yes this little deal will work, and with it more guys like me will get their jobs back. Rant mode off, and nomex on. Flame away.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell of we have to do is Build A pipeline from Russia through Afghanistan for the Russians and get a good deal for building it for them. And we won't have to worry about OPEC or Any other country.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Spain is the only country to be run by a Nazi Dictator until the late 70's/early 80's. The Dictator of Spain, General Franco, was aided into power in 1937 by none other than Adolph Hitler himself.

As for imbroglio's idea, it sucks. I am of Norwegian/Swedish/French/Spanish/German/Cherokee/English Descent and I am 100% American. I say go ahead and attack these countries, but do not incarcerate persons of their descent.

Quoted:
Even though GW said "you are either with us or against us" countries and people do not get it.

Norway with this shit and Spain saying we cant kill terrorist. I think we should stick with the us vs them theory and tell Norway to F-off.

Spain is a pissant country we can get the terrorist out of there we should just give them the option of turning them over or fighting to keep em.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top