Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:19:19 PM EDT
Please stop with the camouflage paint schemes. I don't understand this obsession people have these days to do that to a gun.  A little piece of me dies every time I see a expensive weapon molested in that way. In 20 years you guys will be known as the second generation bubbas. Stop! Just fucking stop! Keep em black or black and walnut. Flame suit on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Too late.

AR15.COM has just changed its name to "Home of the Camoflage Rifle."
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please stop with the camouflage paint schemes. I don't understand this obsession people have these days to do that to a gun.  A little piece of me dies every time I see a expensive weapon molested in that way. In 20 years you guys will be known as the second generation bubbas. Stop! Just fucking stop! Keep em black or black and walnut. Flame suit on.

Weak Rant

-10/10

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I could also shoot just as many deer, coyotes, etc. wearing black clothes or black and walnut clothes. I camo because I like it. If you don't, piss off. I'm sorry my camo isn't tactical or high-speed/low-drag enough for you.

If you want to do something to your gun, do you ask our permission?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Dooood , whats up with your non-diversity???
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of the patterns don't look very effective at breaking up the outline of the rifle, either. Martha Stewart might like how pretty they are, but as you begin to look at some of these at a distance, they look more and more like a .....black rifle.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
So you felt the need to troll this forum for what reason? You don't like it then get the fuck out.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, What He Said    /\
                                   /   \
                                  /     \
                                     |
                                     |
                                     |
                                     |

Try looking at the TITLE of where you are posting this
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I could also shoot just as many deer, coyotes, etc. wearing black clothes or black and walnut clothes. I camo because I like it. If you don't, piss off. I'm sorry my camo isn't tactical or high-speed/low-drag enough for you.

Big +1

I could give a shit, paint fucking daisies on it if you like.
Just remember to wear a matching dress.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
At least nobody has gotten a digital camo style tattoo and admitted it on here (>_>)
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1

I could give a shit, paint fucking daisies on it if you like.
Just remember to wear a matching dress.

+2, I like my EBR pretty much stock, but I don't complain when someone puts 15 add ons because, it is there rifle and I don't have to shot it. So let it go
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
You mean like this:

oh the horror
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
At least nobody has gotten a digital camo style tattoo and admitted it on here (>_>)

You really don't need to be putting ideas in the heads of some of the people around here, kinda like putting a red cape in front of a bull
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Look, another Bloomberg apologist......
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really don't need to be putting ideas in the heads of some of the people around here, kinda like putting a red cape in front of a bull

im surprised it hasn't been done already on here
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You mean like this:
img165.imageshack.us/img165/4995/carbinezq6.jpg

oh the horror

What? All I see is a chair and a fence... I dont get it...

yeah bro, my paint skills are too good  not to mention that highquality 3.50 dollar a can krylon I used...gotta give props where theyre due
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh ok...when your opinion matters, you'll be the first to know.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I've only painted one that I made out of Frankengun parts, but it's not like it won't come off.

Next you are going to tell me we can't paint old MilSurps.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Most pathetic rant I've ever heard here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't own anything that is camo, and even I thought your rant was a salad.

2/10
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#23]
you speaketh the truth most of the time im hunting its in jeans and a t shirt and it doesnt seem to make much difference but I like my camo
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I have been taking a NRA/Brownells Refinishing course this week...both manganese and Zinc parkerization...plus teflon/molly coat and gun Kote.....and aluma-hyde II....

just ordered a digital cam for pics....

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I crack up every time someone get a bug up their ass about what someone else does to their own property. You can think it looks stupid and you can not like it but guess what, it's none of your business.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
A lot of the patterns don't look very effective at breaking up the outline of the rifle, either. Martha Stewart might like how pretty they are, but as you begin to look at some of these at a distance, they look more and more like a .....black rifle.

I've seen a few that were pretty effective at disguising the rifle, but most are just decoration.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't do it to any of mine, at least not the spray paint, but why should I care what someone else does with theirs?  And it's not like Bubba sawing the barrel off or the stock down.  With a little work and some chemicals paint comes off.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#29]
camouflage paint schemes Rock!

Take a stroll back before 1999 dam near every every Ar15 was black. Besides the purple bushmasters and the Grey colts Man COLOR is a big deal. People would post a picture of there ar15 and it was Black.  Day after day all the pics of the rifles were black and they all looked the same.

Then came the Brown and Green furniture Then came the camouflage para cord on float tubes and the rifles. Then It Happened The people started to spray paint camouflage paint schemes on their rifles.

Thank the Lord for Duracote and templates.

FuG IT im going to Paint every single one of my firearms with Duracote in a camouflage paint schemes

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#30]
People were also free to sporterize all those military guns in the 50s, 60s and 70s too. Oh boy this is my 1903 so I will cut down the stock. Drill and tap it for scope mounts and polish up the metal a little bit. Ooooh while Im at it I will cut off the ears on this old 1917 and take that old Remington Rand and and nickle plate it and put pearl grips on it. When Im done with that I will take that Singer and and put adjustable sights on it after I mill the slide. Why not? they only made a few so you cant get parts for em anyways. They are my guns so I will do what the hell I want with them. Just dont call me bubba!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#33]
, this was really stupid.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll paint my toys however the bloody hell I want too, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I feel an epic thread of camo pictures coming on.  A little tweaking to the OP's title and we are off to the races.

I suppose I can't tell you about my daily life either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Who are you to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to their possessions?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I've been told by some distributors that camoflaged guns are a uniquely American phenomenon.  

Benelli doesn't ship a whole lot of Realtree in Italy.

<-------Has no camo guns.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#40]
the OP and a certain NYC mayor would get along well
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#41]
It serves no real purpose except to stoke the fantasies of some Walter Mitty types. To each there own I suppose. Its kind of childlike if you ask me. Like I said, the bubbas of the 60s had the same attitude, its mine and I will do what I want. Those guys are despised now by serious collectors. Remember to collectors original finish means everything. These guns WILL be collectors items one day. Except for the ones assaulted by spray cans. Damned graffiti artists.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Any color can be camo in the appropriate environment.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
It serves no real purpose except to stoke the fantasies of some Walter Mitty types. To each there own I suppose. Its kind of childlike if you ask me. Like I said, the bubbas of the 60s had the same attitude, its mine and I will do what I want. Those guys are despised now by serious collectors. Remember to collectors original finish means everything. These guns WILL be collectors items one day. Except for the ones assaulted by spray cans. Damned graffiti artists.

Then what you need to do is buy up every EBR you can and sit on them, and cash in on the stupidity of the graffiti artists someday. You should encourage them to deface their rifles because they are doing you the great service of increasing the value of your untouched virgin arms. You will be rich beyond your wildest dreams!!!
In other words...  MYODB.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You mean like this:
img165.imageshack.us/img165/4995/carbinezq6.jpg

oh the horror

I HATE camo too....but I could get used to that. It looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess if you only go to the range, then there's no point to camo and it's a waste of money and effort.  Fieldcraft isn't for everyone.

Is the OP against all paint/color other than black, simple silouette break-up patterns, or just the really ornate paint jobs?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
the OP and a certain NYC mayor would get along well

Which New York City mayor likes black rifles so much he doesn't want anyone to alter their appearance?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I've only painted one that I made out of Frankengun parts, but it's not like it won't come off.

Next you are going to tell me we can't paint old MilSurps.

render-2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3Axxr%3D0-qpDofRt7Pf7mrPfrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQ0ex0GGxPPGxv8uOc5xQQQGa0Pn0PlPnqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gX0QPn0%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

These are not.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Camouflage serves no purpose?

Why should someone give two shits what some collector in the future might think?

You know, your firearms will be worth more in the coming years if you don't fire them. Yours are safely packed away, right? I mean, we are to assume the future collector's value is the main thing you consider in determining the care and use of your weapons.

If I want a museum piece I'll buy a museum piece.

You should find a board for people that collect weapons, not people who use them.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Mind your own business.

Rant fu failure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top