Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:27:19 PM EDT
I do not agree with this, but I think this is how it will go down.

McCain will win

the majority in this country is still white males...and many old racist white males.

I think all the old racist white men will come out of the woodworks to make sure a female (not an issue anymore), or a black man wont be Pres.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could agree. Even if it was a victory at the hand of racism, I don't really care...whatever it takes.

Unfortunately, I think we're pretty much toast here on out. Even if we win this one (which I still doubt - the odds are just too stacked against us), it will be our last big victory. The future is looking very, very blue.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wish I could agree. Even if it was a victory at the hand of racism, I don't really care...whatever it takes.

Unfortunately, I think we're pretty much toast here on out. Even if we win this one (which I still doubt - the odds are just too stacked against us), it will be our last big victory. The future is looking very, very blue.

We only have to win this one for the 2-3 Supreme Court nominations. After that you can vote for who you really like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Idiots are excited about Chairman Obama. Nobody is excited about McCain.  There are a lot more idiots in this country than everyone else.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
McCain can pull some independents to vote for him, this is important in the swing states.  McCain will be competitive in some blue states, this will force Obama to fight for the blue states and leave the red states to McCain.

McCain also has an appeal to the Hispanic electorate, because of his amnesty bill, and so far the Hispanics have not warmed up to Obama.

The south, believe it or not, is going to stay red.  There are enough dixiecrats still around to make that happen.  Do you think Robert Byrd is voting for a black man?

The older white crowd that was Hillary's will likely go to McCain in large numbers, he is one of them.

Unfortunately for conservatives, McCain's maverick style is going to attract votes.  Pretty much everything he fucked conservatives on is set to help him.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we're fucked...
~Dg84
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
If Obama promises to lower gas prices, 'healthcare for everyone', and pull out of Iraq - methinks he's got this one in the bag.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
White males are a minority, even white females outnumber us.

The ONLY way the republicans will win is if Obama does not get the SENIOR vote.

Every other group has already decided on who their candidate is.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Have you heard McCain talking about privatizing social security?  Or removing the prescription drug benefit?

Didn't think so.  

Heres a hint:  He's a senior.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think Obama has the senior vote.  The Dems have been scaring the seniors with the "Republicans will take your healthcare away" message long enough to have them in the bag.  I was shocked when my lifelong Republican inlaws told me they were Clinton supporters because they fear loosing their health care.  Obama will follow the same script.  My retired parents are still standing strong but they have a good savings and insurance.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Obama promises to lower gas prices, 'healthcare for everyone', and pull out of Iraq - methinks he's got this one in the bag.

And when McCain says HOW.  Tell us HOW...  Please tell us about ANYTHING you accomplished in the Illinois Senate or the US Senate.  That sounds great Senator, but the American people deserve more than pie in the sky promises.  HOW?  Are you going to open ANWR?  Expanded drilling in the Gulf?  More nuclear power to burn less fossil fuel?  HOW?  Are you going to force OPEC to drill more?  HOW?  Are you going to make India and China consume less?  HOW?  How long will this take?  What will this cost?  Stop making promises you can't deliver, we have had too much of that Senator.  You say you want change we can believe in.  The fact is we can't believe in the change you promise because you have no record, no accomplishments, no plans and no chance of delivering the change you promise.

McCain started taking the gloves off tonight.  His attacks were not personal, but they were on the issues and they were hard body shots.

Yeah, that's what he'll have to do. He'll have to tear holes in Obama's promises, and he'll need to distance himself from Bush...but I don't know if he's going to be able (or willing) to distance himself from Bush.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Idiots are excited about Chairman Obama. Nobody is excited about McCain.  There are a lot more idiots in this country than everyone else.

How many of those idiots are actually registered or eligible or on election day have energy/motivation to actually vote?

I'm hoping that many of his "fan" base either can't or won't vote when the time comes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I dont think so.  As much as BHO will bring out the new and younger voters he will also motivate the rural white racists, old white voters htat would have voted for HRC will vote McCain and many voters that wont vote for him based on his politics aside from his color..   he has a tough battle to wage..
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#16]
The electoral map will look similar to '04, except Iowa is going blue and WV is going red.  Maybe one or two other minor changes.

There are three key swing states: Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

McCain will win Florida, so the election comes to OH and PA.

Obama's "clinging to guns and religion" comment is not going to go over well among blue collar whites in those two states.  And believe me, those comments will be repeated over and over again in commercials.  McCain won't run these commercials, but 527 groups supporting him will.  Think Swift Boats.

McCain will win.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I still find it unbelievable how far this country has fallen in a few short years for our election to have come to this- unfortunately, this one is Bush's fault in a lot of ways.  So many people want a "change" of some sort that they are turning a blind eye to the evil that stands before them.  I seriously don't believe most people know the meaning of "logic" and "deductive reasoning" anymore.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We only have to win this one for the 2-3 Supreme Court nominations. After that you can vote for who you really like.

Never heard that one before...

No matter which of the three wins, anyone who cares about liberty, individual responsiblity, low taxes, national soverignty, and BORDER SECURITY will lose.  And lose big.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The electoral map will look similar to '04, except Iowa is going blue and WV is going red.  Maybe one or two other minor changes.

There are three key swing states: Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

McCain will win Florida, so the election comes to OH and PA.

Obama's "clinging to guns and religion" comment is not going to go over well among blue collar whites in those two states.  And believe me, those comments will be repeated over and over again in commercials.  McCain won't run these commercials, but 527 groups supporting him will.  Think Swift Boats.

McCain will win.

I know one guy in particular in one of those states that Obama's comments have not gone over well with.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

McCain will win

the majority in this country is still white males...and many old racist white males.

I think all the old racist white men will come out of the woodworks to make sure a female (not an issue anymore), or a black man wont be Pres.

I do agree with you.

I don't think that Obama is the type of person we need running this country. He doesn't represent what we as a whole stand for.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#22]
There will be many a riot.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

McCain will win

Not "racism", so much as an awful lot of Democrats will stay home for Obama.  Hopefully, I guess, more than the Republicans who'll stay home for McCain.

I still plan on voting Libertarian.  As badly fucked up as the GOP and the Dems are, this country badly needs a viable third party.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

McCain will win

Not "racism", so much as an awful lot of Democrats will stay home for Obama.  Hopefully, I guess, more than the Republicans who'll stay home for McCain.

I still plan on voting Libertarian.  As badly fucked up as the GOP and the Dems are, this country badly needs a viable third party.

Your last statement makes me laugh because there will never be such a thing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on either one of them if they were on fire .
I think this may be the first Presidential race in history where the choice
of VP is going to be the deciding factor

I actually believe that whoever wins won't be able to a damn thing to stop
our economy from going down the shitter and taking them with it ..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I find it interesting that "white racists" will help turn the election when it could be just as easily said that "black racists" could do the same thing.

If there is one thing people have seen, it is that black racism is alive and doing well in America, probably more so then white racism is because that is unacceptable behavior to most.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:10:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I know my mom has said she is voting for McCain this year.  And she is a very far left wing liberal.  She just doesnt think B.Hussen Obama has what it takes to protect this country.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

McCain will win

So you are one of those people who think if you don't vote for Obama you must be a racist?

I'm not voting  against him because he is black, rather because he is a Democrat.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:16:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

There are WAY more young not-white idiots than "old racist white men".
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:21:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:

) Regardless of the facts, they will claim voter fraud, blame the 'White Devil', and proceed to burn and loot their own neighborhoods. (I never understood why they don't burn Whitey's hood).

'Cuz dat shit be dangerous, yo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't you think that ol race card is getting pretty tired?  Can we not give it a rest for awhile?

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Conservative white males are a dying breed.
WWII guys are almost all dead.
Moderates will determine this election.
Too many 20-35 yo chick jean wearing males with frosted hair
filling the void. Like they say, the youth yake over
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And when McCain says HOW.  Tell us HOW...  Please tell us about ANYTHING you accomplished in the Illinois Senate or the US Senate.  That sounds great Senator, but the American people deserve more than pie in the sky promises.  HOW?  Are you going to open ANWR?  Expanded drilling in the Gulf?  More nuclear power to burn less fossil fuel?  HOW?  Are you going to force OPEC to drill more?  HOW?  Are you going to make India and China consume less?  HOW?  How long will this take?  What will this cost?  Stop making promises you can't deliver, we have had too much of that Senator.  You say you want change we can believe in.  The fact is we can't believe in the change you promise because you have no record, no accomplishments, no plans and no chance of delivering the change you promise.

McCain started taking the gloves off tonight.  His attacks were not personal, but they were on the issues and they were hard body shots.

He doesn't have to, the idiots clamor to him for his looks and charisma.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Obama has the senior vote.

You mean the seniors who still refer to folks like Obama as "colored"?  Yeah, they'll be coming out in droves for him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many of those idiots are actually registered or eligible or on election day have energy/motivation to actually vote?

I'm hoping that many of his "fan" base either can't or won't vote when the time comes.

I ran the election on Tuesday at my precinct. At 6:50 seniors were already at the door waiting for the polls to open.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I like shit sandwiches. I'm glad I have two to choose from.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

McCain will win

Then the minority voting population cries foul. (I guess they can't understand they LOST because they didn't have the VOTES because they were the MINORITY) Regardless of the facts, they will claim voter fraud, blame the 'White Devil', and proceed to burn and loot their own neighborhoods. (I never understood why they don't burn Whitey's hood).

If McCain wins by anything less than a landslide, then you can bet that people are going to scream racism and fraud, mark my words.

They're probably working out and rehearsing the stage-managed gimmicks already.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#38]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
If Obama promises to lower gas prices, 'healthcare for everyone', and pull out of Iraq - methinks he's got this one in the bag.hinking.gif

What I loved yesterday was hearing Obama say he will do anything within his power to keep Iran from developing nukes.  And he had the gall to repeat it for emphasis two or three times.

Anything?  Like military intervention or...invasion?  Surely Obama wouldn't advocate invading a soveriegn country over their WMD programs or for thumbing their nose at UN resolutions.

Funny how the "pull out of Iraq now" candidate sounds like such a hawk when speaking to a pro-Israel crowd.  Hope McCain will ask him exactly what "anything" means.

I think that will resonate with moderates and conservative democrats who will see him for what he is...a promise everything to anyone candidate.  I also hope it will resonate with the left who will start to wonder is Obama is going to invade Iran.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#39]
me thinks this one is Obama's to lose.

Obama would have to implode on live tv while smoking crack and doing a 13 yr boy in the pooper before McCain is assured anything.

I'm still voting McCain anyway.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Just remember one candidate wants to win the war and the other was endorsed by Hamas.

McCain for the win.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I think we're fucked...
~Dg84

Unfortunately I have to agree..

It will be an ObamaNation..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
McCain also has an appeal to the Hispanic electorate, because of his amnesty bill, and so far the Hispanics have not warmed up to Obama.

I don't know if Hispanics will pull the lever for McCain, but they aren't going to come out in droves in support of Obama.  My father in law (1st generation Mexican-American) supported Hillary (why, I don't know) but flat out said he won't vote for Obama.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
What I loved yesterday was hearing Obama say he will do anything within his power to keep Iran from developing nukes.  And he had the gall to repeat it for emphasis two or three times.

Read his platform.  If Iran doesn't give up nukes, Obama's plan is to isolate them economically and politically.  Uh, hello Obama, you dipshit, but we already have an economic embargo and no diplomatic relations with them, and we've done the best we can on twisting the arms of other countries in doing the same.  Japan, Europe, and China need oil too much to stop buying from Iran.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

McCain will win

I seriously doubt it will be on racial lines on the conservative side of the aisle.

White elite liberals will vote for McCain.

However, on the bleeding-heart-white-guilt-ridden liberal side of the aisle, they will vote all day long for the partial-black candidate, but thankfully they are a minority in our population.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#46]
McCain is toast. It will be a massacre.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#47]
My prediction: Record voter fraud 120% of it will be for o'bammy.  Real America ( 1 eligible voter - 1 vote ) will vote for McCain 55% to o'skammy 42% but with the voter fraud o'bammy 'wins'.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#48]
the majority of the voters would vote for a black candidate... say colin powell... what they wont vote for is a black (or white) candidate who background and history is inner city black, militant and activist with lots of associations with militant and revolutionary folks like his preacher and budies....

word is too that hispanics will all vote against him. the beast would have made it a horserace, obama will just come a cropper...

mcCain will make nothing of o(b/s)ama's past politics and associations.. but mark my words, lots of others will..

he should have spent a couple of terms in the senate building his gravitas and polishing a centrist background and should have disassociated himself from his more radical associates... he's jumped too soon and his parashute aint gonna open...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Certainly people can get more excited courtesy of Obama than McCain, but more people are noticing that Obama is promising change but not saying how he will do it, or what kind of plan he has...

Anybody catch Mind of Mencia last night? Had a pretty good skit on how people see Obama and McCain...

Damn..cant find a video anywhere of it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top