Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 4:21:34 PM EDT
Hmmmm....apparently the Taliban wants to invoke the UN so they can "surrender".  

1) They probably assume that the UN will give them better terms than the US -- probably right.

2) They *know* they can play to anti-US sentiments in the UN.  We need to get the UN out of the US and STOP providing the major funding that we currently shovel into the UN.  The are flat-out anti-US -- so "down with the UN" if you ask me.

3) What happened to the supposed invincibility of Afghanistan to invaders????  They went down pretty damn fast if you ask me -- measured in weeks.

- CD
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
From my point of view, the UN needs to butt the hell out. All they're looking for is some more folks that they can impose their will on.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish the damn UN would stand up for the Taliban. Remember the "either you are with us or against us" stuff? This would definately put the UN against us and we could kick the shit out of them too. Not that the UN countries would still show up to fight should the US take that route. Hopefully the UN would just cease to exist.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with Don, teh UN needs to stay out of this one... big time
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought these guys were ten feet tall, bullet proof, galss eating.....Never surrender, haven't been beaten since Alexander the Great yada yada. All I hear is about surrender and switching sides. I think they are actually the French of Asia. And what the f does the UN have to do with any of this?!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
They dont need the UN to help them surrender.
They just need to come out with their hands up and get together in one,big,mass target...er..I mean... formation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
They must be looking
for some hostages.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]
when the brits were fighting them it might as well have been fighting half way to the moon. when the ruskies mixed results, there average solidier is not that good. With US we are doing it standinf off for the most part, and so far when we make contact it is with the cream of the crop. This is not to say that we would not do better than the reds, I think we would. But to do so we have to kill all the liberals in this country,,,or at least most of them. Really, they must be educated. They've done nothing but put this country in a hole, then again we have done that also, by not voting and becoming vocal. The liberals that are bitching today are the same ones that havr traditionally been against the values that built and made this country, the country that allows them to exercise their ignorance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top