Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 6:03:56 PM EDT
With all the new game consols out, I guess GTA3 for the PS2 is supposed to be the hot game? Heard Mancow talking about if on the radio this AM. It is supposed to be pretty graphic with lots of violence and even hookers and lesbo scenes? I guess it is suppoed to be out of production soon so it may be hard to get and a clooectors item?

Although I have heard import games from Japan are pretty wild too?

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That explains a lot. I haven't been able to get a friend of mine out of the house since he bought this game for his PS2. Now I know why.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the video game business (among other things...), so I will tell of my experiences with GTA3.

I bought it a few days after it was released, and can honestly say, that is probably the second best game (if not the best) game on the PS2 (the new Metal Gear being the best, but then again, I am partial! [:D]).

Although not because of the excess violence and vulgarity, but because the sheer scope of the game. Imagine being in an entire virtual city with the ability to do ANYTHING you want.

You like the looks of that sports car over there? Just walk up and jack it!
Want to take your M-16 on top of police headquarters and lay waste to hordes of LEO'S, no problem!
You can even pick up a streetwalker if you are so inclined.

I severely doubt this game will go out of print anytime soon though, that is an unsubstantiated rumor. Nevertheless, do yourself a favor and pick a copy up whil there still is a First Amendment still on the books.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If I have ever played a game that glues me to the set with no hope of getting away, it's GTA3.
It is the epitome and true definition of the often misunderstood term "role-playing game."
If you aren't squeamish, and don't get offended easily, then you must play this as it will provide everlasting entertainment. It is most definately NOT for kids, but it gets my 2 thimbs up
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
this game is a true "Thug simulator" its quite addictive and by far the best PS2 game. there is just so much to do.

just wait until you get tank!!![:D] i've destroyed hundreds of FBI cars. if your wanted by the FBI in the game; NEVER and i mean NEVER try to take them on in a gun battle.

on staunton island i found an ecellent building for sniping. i took out buko rival gang members. later in the game you play gangs off of each other. cop cars, fire trucks, taxis's..you name it, you can do all kinds of side quests. vigliante mode in a police vehicle is quite challenging

...its kind of like playing "HotWheels" when you were a kid, but more fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top