Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 11:55:48 AM EDT
Does anyone have any thoughts or doubts as to whether or not the Northern Alliance is really an alliance?I find it hard to believe that these guys are kicking so much ass.I heard some counterterrorism expert say that the Northern Alliance does what is good for them no matter who's expense it is at.Apparently there is evidence that they have sold weapons to the taliban recently for exorbitant prices.He also said that they burned the russians because of their two-facedness and their inability to be trusted.What does everybody know or think?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Teaming up with the Northern Alliance was incredibly stupid, and will backfire.  The PR advantages of it will not be worth it in the long run.

They should have bombed the Northern Alliance along with the Taliban.

These guys HATE the U.S. almost as much as the Taliban, they just hate the Taliban a little more right now.

Afghans switch sides like Imelda Marcos switched shoes.  By the time this is over, half the former Taliban will be "Northern Alliance" soldiers.  Notice they went out of their way to kill Arab and Pakistani Taliban fighters (even when they surrendered) but not Afghans.
View Quote

If the Northern Alliance turns on us we can always start killing them [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Well put DK-PROF.Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way.I have had this conversation with many people recently and may have never even considered that the Northern Alliance might be a back stabbing force.Fire up the EnolaGay and remove them from the map!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
You are talking about a third world society largely ruled by opium-addicted tribal leaders. It is an ethnic, tribal existence very similar to that of the Central African nations. Also similar to former Yugoszlavian states. If it were not for strong, totalitarian rulers, the regions will revert back to ethnic, tribal violence.

The civil war between the Hootoo and Totsi tribes of Rwanda is a perfect example of what happens after a dictatorial military regieme falls.

Also what happened in Yugoszlavia after the fall of the Soviet Union. Before USSR, Tito ruled the Slavic states with an iron fist.

History will teach us everything.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Teaming up with the Northern Alliance was incredibly stupid, and will backfire.  The PR advantages of it will not be worth it in the long run.

They should have bombed the Northern Alliance along with the Taliban.

These guys HATE the U.S. almost as much as the Taliban, they just hate the Taliban a little more right now.

Afghans switch sides like Imelda Marcos switched shoes.  By the time this is over, half the former Taliban will be "Northern Alliance" soldiers.  Notice they went out of their way to kill Arab and Pakistani Taliban fighters (even when they surrendered) but not Afghans.
View Quote

You are right on target DK-Prof!  I almost puke when I hear the NA called "freedom fighters"!

Daman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top