Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 11:16:25 AM EDT
You drive past Hiram Rd. exit everyday and you think "Hey, I wonder if HiramRanger is down that road..."

or...

Every photo you see on the web you start giggling thinkning how funny it would look with the MallNinja photshopped into it.

or...

You find yourself out at the range wondering if you can tell a difference between the 55 gr or 62 grain bullet performance in a 1:9 twist barrel so you can tell Troy.

or...  

You can't help but giggle when you drive past McDonald's and it immediately makes you think of McUzi and Garandman's legenadary flame wars.

or...

When you meet a police officer you seriously consider discussing with them a thread you saw here about "Would you enforce an Unconstitutional law to confiscate firearms?"

or...

You wonder if you really could start a thread voting for yourself as Moderator for a Day, and would Goatboy really let you do it?

or...

You start trying to figure out what "Post without posting" was really all about...

I gotta stop coming here so often.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#1]
or...

You check the boards to see if your boss/business partner is in the building!  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I know what you mean.
Every time I see a garand,I think of garandman.
Every time I hear the word uzi,I think of McUzi.
And that saturday night live skit that has Goat-Boy in it, always makes me think that thats what our Goat-Boy looks like.
That TV show "Major Dad"always makes me think of Major Murphy.
What the hell is wrong with me?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
...or when you are mentioned by name TWICE in a thread about"spending too much time at AR15.com," when the thread is only three posts long.[BD]

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...or when you are mentioned by name TWICE in a thread about"spending too much time at AR15.com," when the thread is only three posts long.[BD]

View Quote

Yeah, that would embarrass me, for sure.  Still wiping tears in my eyes over that one, garandman.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]
...you start replying to your own posts cause there's no one on right then.

...you talk to your real friends about stuff you saw on ar15.com

...whenever you surf the net a seperate explorer is ALWAYS open just to run this site

...you've beat the 3500 max characters posting limit (what's in your wallet?---go read my answer---apparently lots)

...you'll skip an intesting post just so you'll have to something to read in half and hour.

...you think of more than 5 ways to tell

...you post completly irrevelent crap. (sometimes) (hey that's the fun.)

...you know who all the "names" are.
mcuzi, i luv carrots, treetop, nsf jojo (what the heck does his name mean? haven't surfed here enough i guess), imbrog|io, eric the hun, OffRoad (wishful thinking), Garandman, gecko 45, scatman, frank the spank, anit ussa, etc.

...you start surfing and then check your watch, it's 2 hours later.

...you stop and really think about a post

...people respect you, or at least respond to your posts

...you post irrevelent threads and people read it just cause you posted it (nsf jojo)

...you think of 10 ways to tell

(i'm ALWAYS here)

OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

...you stop and really think about a post

OffRoad
View Quote

I had to laugh about that one.

I mean, its not like we are juggling chainsaws or landing airplanes here. Its not THAT serious, is it???? [BD]

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I forgot one...

You begin wondering "Is SteyrAUG really a genius to be able to get soooo many responses to his threads, or just lucky?""
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Or you post to a Star Wars thread as Jar Jar Binks, after Shazbat stated his dislike of the character...[bounce][bounce][bounce]

Don Out
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
...you've beat the "wait 30 seconds before posting again" thing more than a couple of times.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Or....

You are actually PROUD that you got a post editted, so that you can brag to LordTrader about it at the upcoming meet!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#11]
...You start trying to put faces to the names.

(You should see how some of you guys look in my head.)
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
When you start all your conversations with
(American Pie Michelle Voice)
...And one time I was on AR-15.com and they said...
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]
When you write a list of ways to tell if you spend too much time at ar15.com.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
...whenever you surf the net a seperate explorer is ALWAYS open just to run this site

View Quote

Definately guilty of that, actually I brought an extra PC from home for no other reason than downloading and burning CD's, this site is always open on a browser on it.

My PC at home I wake up in the morning, hit refresh on the browser that already has this site open and look at interesting subjects since I wint to sleep, then check my email.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#16]
When you give the same reply, to the same question which is asked about once ever week or two.

How old are you?  What's you're handle mean?  What beer are you drinking?  Fav SHTF gun?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
...You know new laws even before they write them...
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]
When you spend more time surfing the posts than getting work done at work...

Or

When you start to turn down sex so that you can reply to a thread(lucky this hasn't happened to me yet)!
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#19]
You go back to reading the last 100 pages of topics, just in case you missed something, because you've read the most previous 10 pages about 10 times  

WL
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#21]
how about when you confrence call your friends in the same building and read them the urls to threads so you are all laughing at the same thing.
john
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#22]
...when you say to yourself, 'shit, I better do some work today instead of fucking around on AR15.com all day long.

...when you don't feel like messing with a computer by the time you get home 'cuz you've been on the boards all day
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:47:15 AM EDT
[#23]
When you put off putting more lime in the body decomposing pit in the basement so you can catch up on Ar15 news.

Balming
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
When someone calls you an asshole and it instantly takes you to your fondest memory of what your friends here on AR15.com seem to think you need to be reminded of daily.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
...when you say to yourself, 'shit, I better do some work today instead of fucking around on AR15.com all day long.

...when you don't feel like messing with a computer by the time you get home 'cuz you've been on the boards all day
View Quote
like right know?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#27]
...when you have learned to spot good deals on weapons you have no interest in... and then talk yourself into buying ....just cuz it was such a great deal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#28]
When the wife or kids asks...where's dad???  and the response is "he's on crack again"
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
... the sceen no longer starts to look like the matrix...

Or is this just with me???

[=D]
View Quote

Dude, it must be 'just you' 'cuz I got no idea what you are talking about.... ROFL

TheRedGoat/Baphomet
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#30]
..when you start telling your spousal unit about posts and she says "Do you do this at work?"

...when you start telling your spousal unit about posts by lying with "Today I ate lunch at my desk and was on the forum and...."

...when you go to the range and start scoping the weapons and try to recognize people from here by their weapons.....

....when you reply to this thread
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
...your FBI file lists the site as a possible staging area for right-wing anti-government types.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#33]
...when you check with AR15.com for late breaking news instead of "news" web sites or TV.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#34]
...when you stay three hours after work just to post in a debate.

im getting paid $8.50 right now to post on this site. [:D][:D]

best work i've ever done.

i love my job lib
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#35]
When you see a security guy at the mall or wal-mart and instantly envision him dressed in BDU's with an M4 in his hands... Mall Ninja!!!!!

When you correct friends on a current event by saying " But I heard on "that" website that..."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top