Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 6:54:01 PM EDT
WW2 Bugs has a little trouble with some Japanese gentlemen.

[url]http://go.stileproject.com/?v=nipsthenips.wmv[/url]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a small collection of about 15 video files of old Disney and WB cartoons that are no longer aired because they are not politically correct.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
LMFAO!! Bugs Bunny, the propaganda machine!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I could get my hands on some pre ban "Little Rascals"
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a small collection of about 15 video files of old Disney and WB cartoons that are no longer aired because they are not politically correct.
View Quote

Killer.  What might one have to do to obtain a copy of them?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember the one where Bugs was protecting the fort and tallying up the injuns he killed.  After tallying a bunch he says "oops", erases half a mark, and says "half-breed".  Saw this a couple years ago after not seeing since I was a kid and just about pissed my pants.  No way no how would that fly today.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My sister-in-law gave a me a sweatshirt with Yesomite Sam holding his hands in the air, obviously he wasn't surrendering, but at one time his hands held his trade mark six-shooters.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember Blockbuster having a collection of Looney Tunes, like "Red Hot Riding Hood", that are no longer considered appropriate for family viewing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been searching all over the web and every video store from here to there and cannot find those old Bugs cartoons.

If I could find them, I'd buy everyone of them I could get my hands on.

I am a huge bugs bunny fan...he's such a smart @ss.[;D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
The Whole Toon Catalog (1-800-331-6197)
has everything you could want, including so-called banned and lost cartoons.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#11]
There's one I haven't seen in years. "Super Rabbit" if IIIRC. Bugs is "super rabbit" he eats carrots, like Popeye eats spinach. In it him and Yosemite Sam are fighting each other.

Bugs goes into a phone both to change, and gets a call. When he comes out he's wearing a USMC dress blue tunic, (with I thing Sgt, E-5 stripes) He tells Sam he ain't got time to fool around with him anymore he's got real work to do. Sam salutes him and shakes his hand. Cartoon was made right after the start of WWII.

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.

I called them and the fairy on the other end said they no longer carry the catalog but have a website. [url]www.facets.org[/url]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
And what about [b]'Amos n' Andy'[/b]? That was an excellent show back in the 50s.

Sure Andy Brown, George Stevens, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Esq., and 'Lightning' were all seriously flawed racial caricatures, but the remaining members of the cast were fine, upright folks. Amos was an honest drove a cab and his wife and he dressed up fashionably to go out on the town. As did they all.

And all of the judges, lawyers, policemen, FBI agents, firemen, etc., were black! At a time when there were very few good black role models, they reinforced the idea that blacks were just Americans, one and all.

Eric The(AndHasThereEverBeenAMoreUnderstandingWifeThan'Saphire'?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.

I called them and the fairy on the other end said they no longer carry the catalog but have a website. [url]www.facets.org[/url]
View Quote

They don't carry much on their website it seems.

If anyone has any other sources for these cartoons let me know.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Killer.  What might one have to do to obtain a copy of them?
View Quote

I have 11 WB cartoons in RealVideo format and they are 10-13MB each. 133MB total. The Disney ones are MPEG and they're 80-100MB each which is more than I want to send anywhere. If you can give me a server to upload to I will put up the WB ones for everybody to download.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#16]
 The one Disney movie I have been looking for is "Song of the South" which I fear is also considered PI.

I grew up with my father telling me the story of the Tar Baby and have since told it to my daughter and will tell it to my son when he is older (too young only ll months).

But, I remember watching it on The Wonderful World of Disney when I was young and would like my daughter and son to be able to see this wonderful piece of entertainment.  Who cares if it Politically Correct or not.

[pissed]

I mean Disney does support Gay/Lesbian Day.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, you'll NEVER see Song of the South released by Disney again.  Hell, I'm only 25 and I rememebr seeing it in the theaters!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#18]
u still can get song of of the south only prob is its a europeon VHS tape which is PAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top