Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:06:09 AM EDT
There is a gun shop on the north end of town when asked if he could order Ar lowers he replied. "We try not to order people parts because you have to have an assemblers license to build an AR" Wow and i have quoted this exactly how he stated it. Now this is an FFL. I think he perhaps was upset with me when i told him his transfer fee was ten dollars more then his other two competitors in Berkely county. He stated and i quote "they are getting up     to sixty dollars on the Internet for a transfer so why shouldn't we get more. I called around locally and they all charge more." End quote. He also told me they charged me a mere 25.00 because they knew me. Not true, it was my first time in years dealing with one dealer who charges the same no matter who you are.The other fellow stated it was too much hassle doing the paper work for the transfers so it was 35.00.  The whole hr i was in the store, they sell other things as well, he never got off his stool and did anything. Nor did he sell any guns.Anyway wanted to let you guys know to shy away from the not so friendly gun shop, or well i should say not so educated shop on the north end of town. I can give you the name of the place if you like. My rant is now over thank you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The only part you need an FFL for is the lower, so why not just order parts yourself?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Aside from a stripped lower, WTF do you need him to order that you can't order yourself?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Order parts yourself.  Find another dealer.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Order parts yourself.  Find another dealer.  Problem solved.

This is your answer.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It was lower i was asking to transfer. I told him i was putting one together. He then went into his story about gun parts. That was why i was like what are you talking about. I jut need to transfer the lower. Anyway they don't know what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#6]
He's full of it and doesn't even know it.   Just take your business somewhere else and don't forget to tell your buddies to do the same.   Let his ignorance and lack of willingness to hear the truth be the basis for his business tanking.

CJ
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in Falling Waters....Go to Winchester,VA and visit Frederick co firearms...They stock RRA and Stag  lowers....
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#8]
i start the conversation out like this....

"can you guys order ar-15 lowers?" if the answer is yes then i ask if he would mind ordering brand-X for me and what will it cost?

when some guys hear transfer it turns them off to the deal. if the business is worth a shit you can just have them order the lower for you and come out ahead. he's an FFL who is in business to make money but lacks the insight to see the potential in a deal.

as a dealer he gets things cheaper. follow this.............
lower @ dealer cost $85 x 20% (avg. local markup) = $102 x 5% tax = $107.10 + $2 (va transfer fee) = $109.10 (shipping will be extra)
in this case the dealer only makes $17 but in his mind "HE" is making a sale not helping you complete one.
most of the time YOU will end up on the plus side if you do it like this.

it's just a thought, i buy double star lowers for under $98 out the door. i don't know what you want but try it and see what you get

if the guy don't want to deal find a new place. in harrisonburg, va you can order all kinds of ar stuff from Shane @ the valley coop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top