Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:50:32 PM EDT
The short of it.  I'm selling off my Glock 19 with it's GTL22 Tactical Light.  I am switching to an HK P7 and I need a good one hand flashlight for clearing the house at night.  It needs to be bright, durable, and easy to operate.  I am gathering that Surefire is the way to go.  

Anybody have one.  Have experience with some of the product line.  Any reccomendations?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Also check out the Fenix store.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Surefire E2D is what I have and it is very bright. Look at www.brightflashlights.com for them
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
For the money the surefire G2 has been a good light.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
You're better off with a weapon-mounted light than trying to one-hand the pistol while holding the light in the other. Or use a shotgun or carbine, more power, light mounts are easy to get, and better control.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont sell the G19, you will miss the mag capacity
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You're better off with a weapon-mounted light than trying to one-hand the pistol while holding the light in the other.

Yep, but hand holding the light makes people so tactical!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If I were in the market for a tactical light I would check out the TK10 from fenix.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You're better off with a weapon-mounted light than trying to one-hand the pistol while holding the light in the other.

He's going to a P7, they don't have rails
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's going to a P7, they don't have rails

He doesn't HAVE to go with a P7, bad move IMO (not a P7 hater, I got a PSP myself).
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Look hard at the SF 6P LED and G2 LED. Excellent lighting and much longer battery run times while still at reasonable prices if you shop them. I would try Calvin / Kevin at Brightflashlights in the industry Forum.

+1 brightflashlights
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 Brightflashlights.com
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The short of it.  I'm selling off my Glock 19 with it's GTL22 Tactical Light.  I am switching to an HK P7.Any reccomendations?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Wait. And save money.

The Surefire UA2 and UB2 are coming out sometime this year and are going to be brighter and better than any other lights in their class.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone make a remote pressure pad switch for the Fenix TK10?
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got the Fenix TK 10 the other day.  Great piece.  Much larger then the SF E2D but 3X brighter.  It was also $30-40 less expensive.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*shrug* Not everyone has a rail on their home defense pistol.

The only one railed pistol I've got is a USP with its proprietary rail
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]
BoTach (OMFG NO, NOT BOTACH) is selling the SureFire X300 for under $200 right now.  I've used it one-handed and it's easy, plus it can be rail-mounted if you ever get a pistol with a rail again.

Why sell yourself short?  It's little, it's bright, and it can be mounted at a later date.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just ordered a rail adapter for the USP so I can use a SureFire X300.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 2 Surefires. I get mighty damned tired of feeding them. I've moved to rechargables in my SF lights with good success.

I like my SF's. If I didnt have a light today and was shopping, it most likely would not be a SF. They make great lights, but IMO are charging a premium for the name. A few other brands have really stepped up and arent quite as pricey.

I dont buy names, I buy performance.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just ordered a rail adapter for the USP so I can use a SureFire X300.  

Were you able to find it for less than $60?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:44:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have 2 Surefires. I get mighty damned tired of feeding them. I've moved to rechargables in my SF lights with good success.

If they are incandescent, you will really cut down on bulb life with rechargeable Li Ion batteries. I'm guessing you are using the 3V batts but even the "3V" Li Ions come out of the charger around 3.3V
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:08:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The short of it.  I'm selling off my Glock 19 with it's GTL22 Tactical Light.  I am switching to an HK P7.Any reccomendations?

Thanks!

www.ovenglove.net/1.jpg

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:21:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Thats about the last pistol I'd choose for "clearing the house at night", or home defense, but hey, it's your ass not mine.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thats about the last pistol I'd choose for "clearing the house at night", or home defense, but hey, it's your ass not mine.

Ok, the reasoning.  I have kids.  I don't want to point my "flashlight" at the noise and have the net result be my barrel pointed at them.  The P7 is essentially the same concept.  Easy to make very safe very fast.  Easy to make ready very fast.

Oven mitts will likely not be required because I do not think I'll be in a 50 round fire fight.  

That's my reasoning.  To me, it is a good solution.

What I'm trying to ascertain is which surefire would be the right one.  I'll check out some of the resources posted.  Thanks all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top