Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 1:50:24 PM EDT
I get news on my pager everyday and I found something that I think all the people on this site would like and if anyone has any more info on this I'd like to see it .

Bush told the U.N. members" Get onboard for terror fight or risk guilt by association.

I don't know if any of you heard this one but what I have to say is it is about time. Finely A man in the white house that has balls.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Surely you don't mean the current occupant.  He's afraid of arming pilots and is caving in to giving Palestinian terrorists a homeland.  So I'm assuming 5000 is the number of Americans you need to kill to get what you want?
...... and he'll renew that 'sunset date' as sure as you're reading this so don't even start.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
[:O]
who me?!

[;)]

[dracula]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Vampire= McUzi/i luv carrots???

The short number of posts and the attitude make me suspicious...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I am Not McUzi... whoever that is...

If he thinks also feels shurb is a wuss.. he sounds like a pretty informed fella
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am Not McUzi... whoever that is...

If he thinks also feels shurb is a wuss.. he sounds like a pretty informed fella
View Quote

You're right.  You are certainly noy McUzi.  For all his faults, he could at least punctuate and spell properly.

BTW, that "sunset date" CANNOT be renewed or extended.  The only way the ban can be continued is if new legislation is passed before Sept. 14th 2004.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Vamp, no one wants to hear that stupid shit man...it was old and tired before you got around to shovelling it here.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Texas, you serious about that? I did not realize that was the case. You just made my entire day. There is no way a similar ban could get passed in the current political environment. All we have to do is keep the momentum...

Vampire, shelf the shrub shit or go to the democratic underground. Nobody here wants to hear it. Nobody here is buying.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Texas, you serious about that? I did not realize that was the case. You just made my entire day. There is no way a similar ban could get passed in the current political environment. All we have to do is keep the momentum...
View Quote

Exactly.  Congress can push legislation through to extend the ban, but I believe in the current political climate any extension of the law would be hard won if at all.  As long as gun owners don't get lazy and forget that it only took Feinstein and the Brady's 8 years to go from the pro-gun climate of the 80's to the anti-gun climate of the 90's then we should be fine.  

They did it by infiltrating groups that had been key in supporting the pro-gun movement.  From law enforcemnt groups (International Association of Chiefs of Police, National Sherrifs Association, Fraternal Order of Police, etc.), Labor Unions, teacher's unions, and other professional societies like the American Trauma Society.  Their strategizing and clever manipulation of politics should stand as an example to us all, ad we'd do well to follow their lead in taking over these groups from the inside if we want to keep our rights.

As long as we remain vigilant, we can keep the bill from being extended.  If we let down our guard then it will be worse than before.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Love u 2 rik .!..
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...There is no way a similar ban could get passed in the current political environment. All we have to do is keep the momentum...
View Quote

Sadly, I think by 2004, the public may be back to the same uninformed carefree demeanor they had before 9/11 and the goverment will be back to the same too.  While a lot of people won't forget and we will stand our ground... the current military campaign, if finished by then, will be as forgotten almost as easy as the scary delayed period of an old high school sweetheart.

No matter what happened on 9/11, we are still stigmatized as being sick gun nuts.  Nothing 3+ years will get rid of depite Homeland Security-mindedness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top