Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2001 10:45:03 AM EDT
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1058287&a=13439491&p=53138604&Sequence=0&res=high[/img] on the nose by a  3'timber rattler outside my shop. The dog is fine now - the snake didnt make it [heavy]. Took the bitch to the vet and she got benydril, anti-biotics, and cortizone which fixed her up in about a week.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Best Simpons episode ever was the "Snake Whacking" episode. We need to start doing that crap again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear the dogs okay.
When we first moved out here, my Rott got bit by a western diamond back on the nose also. Put a scare in me for a while, but he survived just fine. Since then I catch every non-poisonous snake I can find and turn them loose in my yard. Keeps the dogs from getting too curious and they don't mess with the ones they run into out in the fields.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a buddy that was doing some prospecting in AZ and was bit by a rattlesnake. He killed the snake, and cut its head off to take in to the hospital with him for an ID. While he was at the hospital the cops showed up ( a tree hugger nurse called them). He ended up being fined little over $1000 for harming a "endangered" creature. WTF?

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear your buddy recovered.

Covet your pets. They are people too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive got a female sable colored shepherd looks alot like yours...The DNR actually planted rattlesnakes in our area..& they are protected big fine for killing them...unreal...I think there is a shortage of endangered Norweigan warf rats...maybe they will start planting these in the cities......
Sorry to hear about your pup..worry about mine too..since we didnt grow up with any rattlers in our area..now the DNR plants them so dogs here for the most part arent snake savy..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top