Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 7:48:54 PM EDT
I obtained the information for these maps from NRAILA.org.

If it isn't correct please let me know.

BTW, any state that said various municipalities had bans, but didn't list them by name was marked as banning or not allowing. Others, listed by name such as Chicago and NYC were specifically marked.

Pink and Purple means limited or Discretionary.

Red means Banned or Restricted.

Green means OK.

[url]http://www.noreno.org/gunlaws/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Dammit, I'll just give a link.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I can tell you that their depiction of MA laws are off quite a bit.

Assault Weapons shown as banned - not true, just requires same licensing as for a pistol.

Handguns shown as not banned - not true, most handguns are banned from new purchase as of right now in this state.

Non res CCW shown as unavailable - it is available, and not all that hard to get from what I hear.

Open carry shown as banned - it is not *technically* illegal.

Pistol waiting period - there is no waiting period in MA.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Alabama no longer has a 2 day waiting period for pistols, IIRC
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I know some of this information was old and probbably hasn't been updated for a while.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I just altered those maps to reflect the changes.

1) No Waiting Periods For Pisotls in MA & AL.
2) No AW Ban In MA.
3) Handguns Virtually Banned in MA.
4) Non-Resident CCW Available In MA. Some Sates Make It Hard To Dredge Thru Their CCW Laws. If I Didn't See Anything Allowing Non-Resident CCW, I Marked It As No Non-Resident CCW.
5) Open Carry Allowed In MA. When The Words "Technically Legal" Are Used, Watch Out. Just Ask OneShot1Kill, If You Want To Know Why.
6) I Noticed One Of My Maps Hadn't Been Updated For New Mexico's New CCW System. Previously CCW Was Banned.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just altered those maps to reflect the changes.
View Quote

Cool [:D]

5) Open Carry Allowed In MA. When The Words "Technically Legal" Are Used, Watch Out. Just Ask OneShot1Kill, If You Want To Know Why.
View Quote

No law prohibits it AFAIK, but this is MA and some sheep (at least in the eastern part of the state) would certainly call the police bleating "Man with a gun!", you may get a reasonable officer that responds or not.  If not you *could* be cited for disturbing the peace.  In which case your towns police chief can deem you 'unsuitable' and revoke your license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top