Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 3:05:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Help, on the most recent lower ordered from Olympic Arms, my 30 round mags won't drop free from the mag well.

Does anybody know of a way to get this fixed?  Will I have to see a gunsmith about this, or is there something simple that could be done by myself?

-inuhbadnayburhood
View Quote

Are the mags a tight fit? If they go in easily, just depress the mag release until you can back it out a turn or two. A popsicle stick works well to over-depress the catch.

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]You might be Airborne if... you Stand up and Yell "Sound off for equipment check" after the stewardess finishes giving seat belt operating instructions on a commercial flight. - Michael A. Andrascik III[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think the mag release is the problem. I've had a couple of Oly lowers that I built up that just had a tight magwell. Some mags would drop free while others wouldn't. I used some BreakFree and some fine steel wool to "polish" the magwell on one of them and it worked great. The other one I just kept using and eventually the mags started to drop free.

Maybe Oly just doesn't worry too much about the thickness of the finish inside the magwell?

Michael
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
These two post from the mag' disc' forum should be of some help -

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=63630[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=51939[/url]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Since your post implies
that you are up to your ass in lowers,
send it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top