Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 9:14:35 AM EDT
Ranks of this suicide squad (fidaiyan) include Afghan as well as non-Afghan fighters, ready to lay down their lives in the war against the US, well placed sources from Kabul told this scribe.

The strategy of the fidaiyan will be to carry out kamikaze-style suicide attacks using gliders or improvised machine-propelled vehicles against US and British aircraft and commando units.

According to the source, himself supporting pro-Taliban sentiments, the fidaiyan will lay in ambush close to buildings, hilltops, hideouts and trenches considered potential targets for US troops.

A fighter who sees a low-flying helicopter or aircraft or a Special Forces team approaching will crash himself into it.

Formation of this death squad is a major new development in the Afghan history of warfare.

Never before in the history have Afghan countenanced the idea of suicide attacks against advancing contingents or stationed troops.

The mastermind of the plan is said to be an Arab fighter whose name could not be ascertained.

He is Moroccan by origin and a relative and associate of Palestinian Hashem Menqarah, a prominent member of the Brigade No. 10 responsible for the security of the top brass in Al Fatah organisation.

The Frontier Post can report that fidaiyan (literally: those who sacrifice their lives) have been spotted in several Taliban-controlled areas.

They are easily recognizable by their vehicles, livery and weapons.

Fidaiyan mainly carry small Russian-made AK-83 commando sub-machine guns or German-made HK MP5s, both with folding butts.

They sport black, navy blue and olive green bands inscribed with verses from the Holy Quran on their chest.

The source shied away from disclosing the marks on the on the vehicles of the fidaiyan, but said they are highly respected and given full protocol by the ‘common Taliban.’ They are allowed to enter sensitive installations riding their vehicles without being stopped and searched.

A veteran of Afghan struggle against the Soviet invasion who remembers the days and efforts ahead of Osama bin Laden’s flight from Khartoum to Afghanistan in early August 1996, and has recently returned from Kabul, confirmed the formation of the fidaiyan force.

Suicide attacks have always been an issue of hot debate between the followers of the Hanafi and Hanbali Islamic schools of thought, a scholar said.

While many scholars in the Hanbali school allow suicide attacks in emergency situations, Hanafi scholars are firm this practice is forbidden under Islam and lacking precedent in the early days of the advent of Islam.

Taliban are predominantly Hanafi, but the asymmetries of the current conflict may have convinced their leadership to have a second look to issue.

Shaikh Yousuf al Qardhawi, one of greatest contemporary Muslim scholars, who has sanctioned Palestinian suicide attacks, urges Muslims to call the operations ‘esteshhadi’ (seeking martyrdom) rather than ‘entehari’ (suicidal).

The advent of Afghan suicide attacks may have serious repercussions for other predominantly Hanafi Islamic countries, particularly Pakistan.

Puritanical leaders have said they would send volunteers to fight side by side with the Taliban, and some of them have already matched their words with action.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Taliban suicide bombers armed with MP5's?

Shit.... what a way to waste an MP-5.

Although I doubt they are forced to pay close to $9,000 for a full auto one.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]
This proves that some guys will do ANYTHING to get some....  I guess 72 virgins is a strong motivation.

However, they obviously don't remember their history, as the Japanese tried the same in WWII and failed miserably.  The Marianas Turkey Shoot comes to mind.  But if these guys want an express ticket to "heaven," I am sure the US military forces will be more than happy to accommodate them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
That's some funny stuff.
Another thing that made me laugh was a scene on the news the other night which showed scores of Pakistani volunteers hiking into Afghanistan to fight America. One joker was carrying an Enfield rifle and the others were armed only with their hands.
[b]CANNON FODDER[/b]
or more appropriately
[b]FUEL AIR FODDER[/B]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#5]
A fighter who sees a low-flying helicopter or aircraft or a Special Forces team approaching will crash himself into it.
View Quote

Too damn funny.  I wish them luck.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Cut this crap, Nuke 'em.
Ice
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too damn funny.  I wish them luck.
View Quote

LOL!!!  I'm picturing them on pogo sticks with bombs strapped to their chests!

[bounce]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah there probbly sw5 after all these are ]
Suicide squads. the sw5 makes the squad easer rargets hence suicide squad [:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.boortz.com/osama_running.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
So, they're supposed to ram an F18 with a glider?  These bastards are even more ignorant than I thought.  I can already hear that pilot laughing as he circles around and cuts the dipshit to shreds with the vulcans.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]
The strategy of the fidaiyan will be to carry out kamikaze-style suicide attacks using gliders or improvised machine-propelled vehicles against US and British aircraft and commando units.
View Quote

OH SHIT! We'd better take Junlyard Wars off the air! They might obtain detailed instruction in how to build a really shitty plane or glider! [shock]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
How the heck are they going to hit a fighter aircraft with a glider?

Gliders aren't known for being fast OR manuverable, and if they DO hit a plane wouldn't the gliger loose? Considering gliders are constructed of LIGHTWEIGHT materials?

It would be like a bug on a windshield.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I picture an Afghani on a camel running smack dab into the front of a Abrams M1A1.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
SmegHead thats too easy , I can see it now some m1a1 driving through the desert with a camel hanging off the barrel ass rammed with a 120mm cannon. and the little afghani jumping up and down yelling some gibberish in afghani lang.

You killed my cammel.
NO...FCK U.... You killed my cammel.
No I didn't kill my cammel...
Fuck You .... You killed my cammel.

Benjamin

All your Talibanis are belong to us.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
You know I think the Talibanis have had it.  Its like those stories you hear where everytime a some adled kid gets into trouble they will start pulling their own hair out or hitting themselves in the face. The only difference is I would feel sorry for the kid.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Conversation overheard aboard US aircraft:  Splat.  "What was that?"  "I'm not sure if that is a bug on the windshield or a Taliban aircraft."  The Taliban should try a major assault on the carriers out at sea by using the lemming assault technique.  Rush headlong into the ocean and head for the ship.  What?  It's a few hundred miles out there?  Onward!!  Martyrdom awaits!  If they just want to die, it's ok with me.  The Darwin theory is working.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link, Please!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top