Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2001 2:55:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just saw one the day before yesterday.Looked like a solid way to mounrt a scope on a 44.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't let me catch you doing that to a M39.  That's what is pictured.   (I know yours is a M44)

Seriously, there are two drawbacks to that setup. The first is that you'll need an elongated and bent down bolt handle as the  standard Mosin has a short subby straight bolt that points dead upwards when open.  The second is that the scope pictured is made to mount on a rail.  The Mosin has a round receiver, and requires a mount designed for round receivers. Rails are for flat receivers like an AK.  You can get a mount for it, but it will only hold a standard scope, and not the type pictured.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
what driftpunch said. a pso-1 and mosin? the recoil would scare me away from that setup.

a pu series is not exactly "cheap", but i'ld rather go with the setup that offer eye relief.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top