Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2008 11:02:25 AM EDT
I sat down in one of my classes today and recieved a course description from the instructor.  To my great amusement and astonishment, I saw the following section, copied exactly:

"Requirements: In-Class Presentations (50%); Short Papers (20%); Major Essay---20-30 pages (30%).  Attendance and participation is expected.  The instructor will be impressed and delighted at all times or grades will be lowered depending on his mood.  There is no appeal.  Slackers will be slain in front of the class as an example and warning."

I bust out laughing in the middle of class over the professor when he read that part.  He should be an arfcommer, I think he would fit in with GD very well.

Whats the coolest thing you've ever gotten on a course description?

-Ben

Edited for title.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
report him if he gives you lower then an A-
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see there are still teachers around with a sense of humor.  Offer him a GLOCK pen and see what he says.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Physical Science in HS. The teacher declared that all grades would be decided by tossing the papers down the stairs. They were graded by how far they went.

Oh, and if you cheated, he would take your paper, tear it into pieces, burn it, collect the ashes, burn them again, and then scatter them into the four corners of the world.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to mention...

If anyone made fun of another student, he would have to kneel down and kiss the student's boot to repent.

One kid was talking during class. The teacher had him go to the front of the room and lay prostrate in front of the crucifix and beg God for forgiveness while we threw stuff at him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Best thing was during a test.  Final exam.

We did not use the textbook much. Most all of the learning was hands on.

The final was hard though. About 20 minutes into it everyone was scratching their heads wondering WTF. It was a 3 problem test.

The teacher stood up 25 minutes into it and said, "um....if you happen to glance at page, oh, 437, you will see a problem that might look exactly like problem number one, just with a couple numbers changed. 382 might be question 2, and 413 might be question 3"

15 minutes later all tests were turned in for 100%'s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Glad to see there are still teachers around with a sense of humor.  Offer him a GLOCK pen and see what he says.

I bet he would take it.  I asked him after class if we could essentially "invent" a course for me to do as independant study that wasn't in the course catalog.  He said he isn't really interested in doing so, but would hear my idea, so I told him I want to do an independent study, upper division, on "Philosophy of Warfare".  His tone changed nearly instantly, and he asked what/who I would like to study.  I told him I would like to touch on Sun Tzu, Vegitius, Charlemagne, Napoleon, Lee, Clauswitz, and Rommel, among others.  He said he was interested and intrigued, and asked if he could stew about it for a day or two.  I have an appointment with him on Thursday.

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a professor who automatically tacked a failing grade on to your final average if your cell phone went off in his class.
This guy was old school - lived/fought in Rhodesia, then South Africa, before moving to the US.
He had a running fight with the Peace and Justice people on campus, and he offered extra credit to anyone who would paint over "and" in their name, and replace it with an "or"
Peace OR Justice.
Dropped a paper off at his house once, and was invited in to dinner with him and his wife.
Afterwards we had a cigar and brandy in his study, and I got to see his FAL.
Too bad he retired.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The final was hard though. About 20 minutes into it everyone was scratching their heads wondering WTF. It was a 3 problem test.

The teacher stood up 25 minutes into it and said, "um....if you happen to glance at page, oh, 437, you will see a problem that might look exactly like problem number one, just with a couple numbers changed. 382 might be question 2, and 413 might be question 3"

15 minutes later all testes were turned in for 100%'s.

He castrated all of you?!?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]
RockHard13F,
What school?  Most of the VA schools I've heard about of late would have this guy's head.

Sounds like you'll have fun.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
RockHard13F,
What school?  Most of the VA schools I've heard about of late would have this guy's head.

Sounds like you'll have fun.  

I'm currently going to Hell, Missouri.

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]
One batshit crazy professor had the final at their house as a party.   Show up, get a grade.  Worked ok, except for being confused as hell most of the class prior to that point.  

New prof this semester is a bit much, but I think he may be an arfcommer in the survival forum.  Dont ask questions, dont contact, in other words don't speak to him, only to the TA.  Looks like I'm going to teach myself the material, as the first assignment wasn't covered too well in class, just a few small portions of it.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
We did shots with my Organization Policy professor before giving a presentation where half the audience was made up of administrators at the school. Made the two hours fly by pretty well.

(It was Jagermeister)

ETA: She brought the bottle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 minutes later all testes were turned in for 100%'s.

He castrated all of you?!?

Dang nabbit.  I fixed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top