Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 9:22:28 AM EDT
At a press conference today, some idiot reporter asked why we were using cluster bombs in Afghanistan. Rumsfeld said because we were trying to kill people.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That was a classic.  My wife and I watched it and nearly died laughing.

That guy sure does not pull punches!

I thought that he was going to call that reporter the idiot that he is!!

Damn good to have some republicans in charge down there...the Demos were making me sick up here in the north
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Rumsfeld is awesome!
I love watching his press conferences.

The looks on his face when repoters ask
stupid quetions are priceless!!

The only thing better are his concise responses
to their dumb ass questions! No beating around the bush.

He is a real straight shooter, NO B.S.!

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
That dude rocks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't Rumsfeld the guy that gutted our military capability?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Rumsfeld wasn't in a previous admin?

I must have him confused with someone else that is getting praised.

I remember a report that a current staffer is being praised for his efforts, yet was involved with gutting our military in years past.

Must be someone else.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Rumsfeld served either the Ford or Nixon administrations. The guy doesn`t put much stock in sacred cow programs. If it works great, if not kill it. At first I thought he was too old, but now I think he is one of the best members of the present administration. I love that quote. It rocks!. I hope Osama is shitting a square one knowing that Rumsfeld is gunning for him.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the DOD briefing link:

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Nov2001/t11012001_t1101sd.html

Excerpt:
-------------------------
Q: What about the -- [inaudible] for the public who -- you know, beyond the criticism from human rights organizations for using the cluster bombs, they're calling for a halt -- could you explain the tactical rationale for using them?

Rumsfeld: They are being used on front-line all Qaeda and Taliban troops to try to kill them, is why we're using them, to be perfectly blunt.
------------------------

Prefect
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#11]
What would we call him?

Now we have 'W' ,do you think we could call him Rum.

"I want 4 more years of Rum![<]:)])
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think he was the former Dir. of the FBI

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
He was the Secretary of Defense during the Ford Administration.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Q: What about the -- [inaudible] for the public who -- you know, beyond the criticism from human rights organizations for using the cluster bombs, they're calling for a halt -- could you explain the tactical rationale for using them?

Myers: Yeah. This is very simple. On September 11th, we lost over 5,000 innocents to an intentional act. We are prosecuting now a global war on terrorism. We are trying to be very careful in the way we plan this particular conflict. Probably only the U.S. and its allies could do it in such a way that we minimize civilian casualties. If we match up a specific weapon to a specific target and we make the judgment that it's in accordance with the law of armed conflict, and we've worked this very, very carefully, then we'll use that weapon. In some cases, that means cluster bombs. And we understand the impact of those. I would take you back to September 11th. We also understand the impact of that.

Rumsfeld: They are being used on front-line all Qaeda and Taliban troops to try to [b]kill[/b] them, is why we're using them, to be perfectly blunt.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I must have him confused with someone else that is getting praised.

I remember a report that a current staffer is being praised for his efforts, yet was involved with gutting our military in years past.

Must be someone else.
View Quote

I thought Rumsfeld ws the Director of OMB under Reagan.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top