Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 1:17:15 PM EDT
I keep getting mail and packages addressed to an individual who no longer lives at this address.  Today I got a fairly heavy package addressed to this individual.  Can I bring it back to the post office and tell them to stop sending stuff addressed to that individual to this address?  Until now i've just been putting all his mail in a big envelope and sending it to him and didn't care because it was only like $2 to send, but i'm not going to pay to send him this big heavy package...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You can just take it back to the post office as un wanted mail. They will ship it back to the sender at no cost to you
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
great, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
We recently got a letter addressed to the previous occupants of this house.
They moved out in 1993.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Just mark on each piece that the addressee has moved & put it back in the mailbox.  There is no need to take it back to the Post Office.  The carrier will pick it up the next day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top