Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 4:22:32 PM EDT
'If you don't already have your hand on your gun when someone tries to rob you then you weren't paying attention.'
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone can have someone 'get the drop' on them.  Sometimes the criminal is more clever than we are.  For instance, it is impossible for us to see around opaque objects, which a criminal could be hiding behind, just waiting for us to pass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I voted true, but I can agree that anyone can have someone get the drop on them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
movie theater

goblin slides into seat behind you and caresses your carotid with a pigsticker demanding your treasure
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
movie theater

goblin slides into seat behind you and caresses your carotid with a pigsticker demanding your treasure

Sit in the very back row and that allows you to see ALL who come in.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone can have someone 'get the drop' on them.

No shit it's called an ambush.
I have the fix for them that want me to give up my cash or anything else.
I won't state my fix here but I have the fix with the plan that will work with a bit of luck.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm treating your statement as an absolute truth.  As such, I picked false.  I think if you're paying attention, your spider sense will let you know something's about to happen MOST of the time.  That's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
bump
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I said true but it sure depends on a lot of things. It's certainly possible to get surprised or ambushed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep tell myself I got take that cog off the mouse.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I won't state my fix here but I have the fix with the plan that will work with a bit of luck.

Does it involve a wallet on the ground as a distraction and then lots of bloodshed?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#12]
False. Anyone can be surprised at some time in their life.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
wouldnt ever happen to me, im a sniper.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#14]
For the record, I didn't make this statement. I was walking out of a store and I saw a guy with an NRA bumper sticker and made a passing comment to him about it. We got into a short confab while he was finishing his smoke and he said it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
TRUE.

Why walk around with a gun if you don't keep it in your hand?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I vote false... even pros don't always see it coming.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it involve a wallet on the ground as a distraction and then lots of bloodshed?

That is all I'll post about this.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#18]
It's a good slogan to try to educate people to pay attention to their surroundings.

Theoreticly, the only time a person should be in condition white is when they have set physical barriers up to protect themselves. (at home with doors locked and alarms/dogs set) But people are human so they make mistakes and let their guard down.

Some folks don't want to put forth the mental and physical effort to stay alert and in condition yellow when they are out and about. These are the grass eaters and airhead soccor moms who have their eyes down and get into trouble.

Some folks stay in condition yellow and keep their eyes up and scan, with an occasional lapse because they get tired or distracted. These are the meat eaters. By knowing when they are in a higher vs. lower risk envionment, they manage their alertness level and know when they should be scanning and when they can relax a bit.

If you are carrying a gun, you really need to be a meat eater, keep your eyes up and be alert every time you go out.

Gringop
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Probably a good way to remind people to be aware of their surroundings but I say absolutely false. You could always get suprised now matter how much you pay attention.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Cake

Because you can't possibly be prepared for every situation. Crooks like to sneak up on people when they're preoccupied. This means you wouldn't be ready, and as such you would not have your hand on your gun.

It would be strange to have an overwatch while loading groceries at the local grocery store...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#21]
If you never saw this video could you see THIS coming?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Whoever is in that PT cruser is a pussy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Even a PT Cruiser can crush that little crackhead.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Even a PT Cruiser can crush that little crackhead.

Probably just a sheeple and likely a woman. Imagine being a sheeple woman in condition white to having some crackhead jacking up your ride with a crowbar. How do you think they would have reacted.

I would expect that anyone carrying would have had a completely different reaction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top