Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 5:09:40 PM EDT
I would think it will create more oppurnity with sales and be a direct competetor with a few other well know catalogs.

I just don't understand why Brownells doesn't do this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL

They pretty much do...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LOL

They pretty much do...

No shit. If you dont get the discounted price from brownells you are not trying. Or you're just not a gun guy.

Really. What serious gun guy doesnt meet one of the following.

Military
Law enforcement
FFL
Gunsmith
Gunsmithing student
Retail sales involving firearms or firearms accessories

Get your C&R license and it will pay for itself.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I brought this up once...I got hammered by everyone. It was brutal and just a typical ARFCOM circle jerk with me being pivot man.

I dont order from them, they are way overpriced...if I have to set up a 'business'..ie ZFB Tactical...I'll just move along, plenty of better prices and less hassle elsewhere.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Because they are in business to make a profit and that goal is achieved by selling products for the highest price you can reasonably sell them for.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It's like health care...

Guys like you pay the higher price so Brownells can recoup the losses from selling at lower prices to slackers like me.

(C&R license holder here )
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I brought this up once...I got hammered by everyone. It was brutal and just a typical ARFCOM circle jerk with me being pivot man.

I dont order from them, they are way overpriced...if I have to set up a 'business'..ie ZFB Tactical...I'll just move along, plenty of better prices and less hassle elsewhere.

+1

They offer no discount to the average joe who simple just owns firearms.

Spare me the C&R crap........some chose not to involve themselves with the ATF more than nevessary.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, but did they call you the next day?????    
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL

They pretty much do...

No shit. If you dont get the discounted price from brownells you are not trying. Or you're just not a gun guy.

Really. What serious gun guy doesnt meet one of the following.

Military
Law enforcement
FFL
Gunsmith
Gunsmithing student
Retail sales involving firearms or firearms accessories

Get your C&R license and it will pay for itself.

You've been here since 2001?

I used to think like you about "gun guys."  I used to think nearly everyone on this board met one of the criteria.

Watch the responses, and learn.  Try not to get too depressed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no problems ordering from Brownells. Excellent prices for most items and excllent shiiping times.  If people dont want to order from them; fine.  That just means there are more items for me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Brownells is taking care of THEIR customer, the professional gunsmiths and dealers.

The regular gunowner is NOT brownells customer. The gunowner is the gunsmith/dealers customer. The gunsmith/dealer cannot make a profit by selling an item at cost. The Brownells catalog allows the gunsmith to show the customer that this widget is X dollars. The difference between dealer price and X allows the gunsmith to make a marginal profit on the widget.

It is plain everyday "mark-up".
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#11]
It's all bullshit to me.
Anyhow, I do have a dealer account with Brownells....
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Former LE here, I get the discount...however since they bought Sinclair International, and it's located in Indiana, I now get hammered for sales tax...the last time I ordered from Brownell's, I told them to either move Sinclair to Iowa or close them down....I hate paying sales tax on mail order.

They still have some pretty good prices, some beats the dealers here, most don't. I have noticed an increase though in the dealer prices. Just the normal march of inflation...

It's Bush's fault...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Most of you are narrowly focused, just simply discount the entire catalog to everyone, more sales = $$$$  Satisfied customers = $$$$  Lots of new customers = $$$$ and besides who pays full MSRP these days?

I think Brownells buisness model is stuck in the 1950's
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I do not know.  I will say that I have no problem maintaining a C&R license for the discounts I get at Brownell’s and other places.  I would say that Brownell’s has been one of the best companies I have ever done business with.  The customer service is top notch and my price for their products is more than competitive.  They have been one of the primary suppliers for all the AR builds I have done or helped with.  Brownell’s is frikken awesome.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Just one more reason I love my C&R license.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Love Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I do not know.  I will say that I have no problem maintaining a C&R license for the discounts I get at Brownell’s and other places.  I would say that Brownell’s has been one of the best companies I have ever done business with.  The customer service is top notch and my price for their products is more than competitive.  They have been one of the primary suppliers for all the AR builds I have done or helped with.  Brownell’s is frikken awesome.

Discounts from Brownell's and other vendors was my main reason for getting a C&R.  They have things no one else does, customer service is beyond reproach, and everything ships quickly.  Add in that discount, and you can't go wrong.  As far as "involving" yourself with the BATFE by getting a C&R, that's just a lame excuse not to get it.  Most gun owners have filled out a 4473, so you're involved with them already.  You ain't hiding from anyone buying guns and posting on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:34:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Spare me the C&R crap........some chose not to involve themselves with the ATF more than nevessary.
Of course they don't.

In Brownells' case, they offer a discount to those customers who are likely to buy the most from them(Gunsmiths and FFLs), and those who they see fit to give a lower price to(Military and Law Enforcement).

Nearly everyone who orders from them owns a gun. Giving discounts to every gun owner would essentially mean that Brownells lowered their prices accross the board. They could probably do this, but they won't, nor should they.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You buy all your guns under the table? The ATF already knows who you are and where you live already, take off the tinfoil man.  $10 a year to get discounts and mail order certain guns is well worth a small hassle.  

To each his own, but you are missing out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top