Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 4:45:15 AM EDT
I heard this morning that Mike Huckabee has pulled ahead in Iowa among Republicans.  I went to Huckabee's website and here is what he has on 2nd ammendment rights...

"The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting. The Founding Fathers wanted us to be
able to defend ourselves from our own government, if need be, and from all threats to our lives and property.

Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. I oppose gun control based on geography.

I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill.

As Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from frivolous law suits.

I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license."

This sounds like a guy I could really get behind.  If he does well in Iowa, maybe we will not have to have Giuliani.

Can Huckabee do it?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I heard this morning that Mike Huckabee has pulled ahead in Iowa among Republicans.  I went to Huckabee's website and here is what he has on 2nd ammendment rights...

"The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting. The Founding Fathers wanted us to be
able to defend ourselves from our own government, if need be, and from all threats to our lives and property.

Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. I oppose gun control based on geography.

I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill.

As Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from frivolous law suits.

I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license."

This sounds like a guy I could really get behind.  If he does well in Iowa, maybe we will not have to have Giuliani.

Can Huckabee do it?

Another thread about the smooth-talking Huckster!  Try a Huckabee search on google under ar15.com domain since you don't have GD search...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Another thread in which the second post clips and copies the entire original post

I clicked on it because I wanted to read his post, not be informed how the search function works. Thanks for policing the GD forum...the mods must be impressed with you to have duputized you.

Roadstar...sorry for the brief hijack...I'm with you on the "Huckster", I haven't found my perfect candidate yet, either. But I'm keeping my eyes open. I'm afraid us gun owners are gonna be disappointed with our Republican and Democratic choices.

roy d...is the intraweb really that difficult?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Another thread in which the second post clips and copies the entire original post

I clicked on it because I wanted to read his post, not be informed how the search function works. Thanks for policing the GD forum...the mods must be impressed with you to have duputized you.

roy d...is the intraweb really that difficult?

Wow, are you a cool third-person talker, I'm impressed a-hole, and I don't feel like editing the goddamn first post, so I don't, was just trying to help out a guy without a team membership (like myself) get info from other suckabee threads without a lot of hassle...

Policing the GD forum? Hell, the people in charge are probably more negative towards me telling someone how to kind of search without being a member than "DUPUTIZING" me, nice spelling, is life really hard with a 2-digit IQ?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't care what any candidate says.

If an anti-gun bill actually made it through both houses to land on his desk, he would sign it. To veto it would go against public opinion, piss off Congress, and make him politically responsible for the next death which would have "not happened if the President signed it".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top