Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:30:59 PM EDT
We are going to mailing our first one this year for our three year old.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
there is some guy that gets it (post master general?). I think you eventually get some letter back with your kids name on some list of 'good children' IIRC from my youth (maybe my parents sent it to a company instead I dunno)... I dunno if they still do that, I remember seeing a news report on it a while ago and they get TONS of letters.

ETA: They probably did this: www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/localnews/ca/ca_2007_1128b.htm
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are given to sex offenders in prison?

Its sad that you think that concept is funny.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It goes to Hillary Clinton so she knows what to steal from you the day after Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
They better fucking go to Santa Claus, or I'll be pissed!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Goes to the New York Supreme Court,
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure what they do with them, but we usually send them to Santa and put grandmas address on it so we can get it back for memories.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]
#1. You don't actually send it, you keep it to read the list.

#2. The post office trashes them or something.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well this is "general discussion".

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
They throw them away.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
#1. You don't actually send it, you keep it to read the list.

#2. The post office trashes them or something.

Yeah, they don't actually deliver them

You won't be needing a return address
(he already knows who you are, right?)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
from what i understand, they first go to the easter bunny's  primary sorting station in the woods near the glen.
from there the bad boys and girls letters get sent to big bad wolf.

But the good boys and girls letters are forwarded to santa's elves and their processing station, where the letters are further sorted by class and priority.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm fucking laughing my ass off.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#16]

from what i understand, they first go to the easter bunny's primary sorting station in the woods near the glen.
from there the bad boys and girls letters get sent to big bad wolf.

But the good boys and girls letters are forwarded to santa's elves and their processing station, where the letters are further sorted by class and priority.

So are efficent postal workers mythical, or does the entire US Postal System operate with talking bunnies and elves?

Either way, we should be happy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Same here, Ironic humor is the best kind of humor, and that was funny. As disturbing as the thought is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
This looks kinda cool, if you have kids. Its only $8 bucks too.

Santamail.org offers custom printed letters that are mailed directly from North Pole, Alaska on beautifully printed Santa Claus letterhead and signed by Santa himself!

It's the perfect gift for any kid! A low price point coupled with a very broad appeal, gives you the hottest product to sell this holiday season! As an affiliate, you will be receiving a 30% commission on all orders within a 60 day time frame!

Some features of our customized letters include the following:

- Addressed personally to your child
- Return address and postmark from North Pole, Alaska
- Special seasonal stamp
- Personalized with child’s name, home town, state and a friend's name
- Signed by Santa
- Up to 6 unique letters to choose from

Please note we only take orders for the U.S. You may start hosting ads any time before the Christmas holidays and take orders, but keep in mind that business really doesn’t pick up until about Nov 1. Between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, orders are the heaviest so be prepared! Make sure your ads are ready and up on the site. The Christmas season will be here before you know it! Join the hottest affiliate program this year - Santa Mail
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Santamail.org offers custom printed letters that are mailed directly from North Pole, Alaska on beautifully printed Santa Claus letterhead and signed by Santa himself!

It's the perfect gift for any kid! A low price point coupled with a very broad appeal, gives you the hottest product to sell this holiday season! As an affiliate, you will be receiving a 30% commission on all orders within a 60 day time frame!

- Special seasonal stamp
- Signed by Santa

Please note we only take orders for the U.S. You may start hosting ads any time before the Christmas holidays and take orders, but keep in mind that business really doesn’t pick up until about Nov 1. Between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, orders are the heaviest so be prepared! Make sure your ads are ready and up on the site. The Christmas season will be here before you know it! Join the hottest affiliate program this year - Santa Mail

Great idea, thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Same here, Ironic humor is the best kind of humor, and that was funny. As disturbing as the thought is.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

+
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Special seasonal stamp
- Signed by Santa

Great idea, thanks for the tip!

Yeah I lived in North Pole, Alaska for 12 years if you send any mail not just the commercial canned Santa letter to the following address it goes to the post office where the have seasonal employees to handle it.

Santa Claus
North Pole, AK

out...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#26]
your put on a list, and on christmas day a bunch of guys in red suits bust thru your door and kill your dog

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Dont they go to santa? Dont they?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Some postal employee will violate federal law and open an envelope not addressed to them.

(kidding; i know there are exceptions/exemptions)
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got two kids and I thought it was "funny" in a "that's so fucked up it probably happens" context.

As in "it wouldn't surprise me".

Think about it.  They teach these prisoners how to use computers and the Internet and they're basically teaching them how to steal our identities and initiate credit card (as well as telephone) fraud.

I can see some "let's put these prisoners to work!" state requiring prisoners to work, and then after a lot of liberal hand-wringing have them stop digging ditches and start answering letters to Santa.

And then enter the unintended consequences.  They get out, they know your kid's name, approx. address, likes/dislikes, etc.

I can absolutely see it happening.  Somewhere....
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
your put on a list, and on christmas day a bunch of guys in red suits bust thru your door and kill your dog
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Depends which list you're on (naughty or nice?)
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It goes to Hillary Clinton so she knows what to tax you on the day after Christmas.

Fixed It
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top