Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 5:06:19 PM EDT
Dang that's good. But it feels like I am committing a crime. It is the only rum I have in the house.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus man, Captain is for mixing
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never tried eggnog,are there really eggs in it ? I guess that's what turned me off about the whole thing,drinking eggs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn the store cant be that far and its not that cold out
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
How about Chivas Regal 12 year old stuff?

That legit for egg nog?

What proportions?

Not a liquor guy here!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have never tried eggnog,are there really eggs in it ? I guess that's what turned me off about the whole thing,drinking eggs.

Real eggnog has eggs, that's why it's called eggnog. Supermarket brand eggnog may or may not have eggs in it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand your logic,but things like Mincemeat has led me to believe not all things are what they seem to be.

So,the eggs must be raw, isn't there some sort of disease associated with raw eggs ?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I understand your logic,but things like Mincemeat has led me to believe not all things are what they seem to be.

So,the eggs must be raw, isn't there some sort of disease associated with raw eggs ?

Real mincemeat has meat in it too. Even "popular" brands you can get in most stores, like None Such, have beef as one of the ingredients.

You can theoretically get Salmonella poisoning from raw egg, but it's a pretty remote chance. You'd also have to make it yourself for it to have raw egg in it; the FDA forbids the use of raw egg or raw milk in products, so all the 'nog you buy at the store is Pasteurized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top