Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:14:39 PM EDT
Well anyone have any info on it other than what I can read in the reviews? My wife is hinting that she wants one for christmas. I just don't want to get her a piece of junk. She curently is using a Razor. Ever since the Iphone came out she has wanted one, but I'm not switching carriers just to get a phone. Here is alink to the phone.

HTC Touch

I can read reviews all day long, but I'd rather hear it from someone thats not on someone elses payroll to say good or bad things about it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows someone who has one or has one of their own?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
HTC is a Taiwanese cell phone manufacturer that is just getting into the US market. Very popular in the Asian market. Don't have one but want one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Verizon HTC Apache (XV6700). I have updated the crap out of it and am now running Windows Mobile 6 with all the goodies.

The key issue as to whether or not you are going to like the Touch is not the fact that it is a Touch, but the fact that it is a Windows Mobile 6 PDA phone. All WM6 phones are essentially the same with only minor differences in where the buttons and ports are and how much memory they have, etc.

Very seriously, if you are not a computer geek or gadget hound DO NOT buy a WM6 (or much worse, a WM5) phone. It requires the tender loving care of any Windows machine and will require a reboot every few days.

It does everything but it does it very poorly. For example, it's a phone, but a crappy one. If you are used to having total control over how it beeps and buzzes WM6 platfoms are light-years behind regular phones. Hell, it won't even know to continue to give you a short beep or buzz if you've missed a call or have vmail waiting, simple stuff like that.

It uses the very crappy Outlook schedule application. The Palm based phones are light-years ahead in the PDA biz. If you sign up or have access to push email it will eat your battery so fast it's pathetic. If you do a lot of talking, surfing or music playing make sure you are carrying at least one extra battery on you.

If you want the uber-geek toy, go WM6. If you want the best organizer/PDA, go Palm/Treo (I used to be a Palm guy and am now trying the "dark side"). If you want the best push email, go Blackberry.

The arfcom of all thing cellular: www.howardforums.com. Also, ppcgeeks.com is great if you are a hacker/geek/etc.

aa
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Great phone, I had one my wife still has one.  I got a great deal on a Iphone so I sold mine for $50 more than I paid.  I have a larger hand and it was just a little small for me. I dropped it a few times.  Has blue tooth with stereo (crappy iphone dose not).  As for the phone great, keyboard is small.  screen only works with stylus.  The cube function was cool and I used quite a bit.  Easy to use all around.  

I had unlocked ver., so I used with my tmobile.  Only problem i had was that for me to get internet I had to add $20 to my service for edge service. I only had to pay $5 to get the same for my unlocked iphone. Mine had wifi but the sprint ver. DO NOT.  This can be a big deal (was for me).  

Sprint comes with 512 card mine unlocked came with 1gb card (micro sd) can put up to 2gb.  Was great for adding music and turning into your ring tones with one step.  Overall great phone good bat. life, easy to connect to pc., uses the same usb charger that your razr uses.  I am with sprint as well (2nd) phone and thought about getting theirs but decided against due to being locked in and no wifi.  But of all of the sprint phones if i had to get a new one this is the one I would get.

I would buy again no problem unlocked.

Take a look at www.phonesource-usa.com for unlocked phones.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm happy with mine. I've always wanted a PDA type device but never cared for all the exposed buttons.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I just ordered one for my wife for christmas. Wether it's any good or not she will have to decide. I have read a few reviews, and what has been said here, and it seems like it will be ok.

She wants it, and who am I to argue with her "She's a woman it's pointless" She will be using it 90% for a phone, and 10% for a camera, so who cares. She just wants a cool phone gadget thingy so I figure what the heck.

IMHO it's a ton of money to spend on a phone, but then again she can't understand why I would spend $1,000.00 on a rifle, and another $1,000.00 on mags so were even.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top