Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 10:16:55 AM EDT
Hey where do you guys near Seattle go to shoot long range... I usually go to Wade's but 25 yds isn't too fun for the AR.  I've been to a place up in Bellingham but that is way to far.  Even just an hour or so away wouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Where in the Seattle area are you coming from?  If you don't mind crossing the sound, Poulsbo Sportsmen club has 25, 100, and 200 yrd ranges, along with trap (and skeet? I think)

Just a ferry ride and about 1/2 hour after that to get there in some of the best countryside I've ever lived in.

[And if I could type it right the first time, I wouldn't need to edit it]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
There's Seattle R & P club in Machias, out to 500, there's Paul Bunyan, in Puyallup, out to 600, there's that police range by Boeing, I've only shot in matches at these places, so I have no idea of their daily accessibility. Bruce?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Kenmore range in Bothell

Snoqualmie Valley Rifle lub in Fall City

Marysville Rifle Club with a range near Lake Ki

There's a small 100 yrd range just east of Everett on Homeacres Road

And of course, the millions of acres of State and National Forests.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't there something out near Black Diamond?

Near Auburn & Eunumclaw(sic?) ??
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Kenmore range in Bothell

Snoqualmie Valley Rifle lub in Fall City

Marysville Rifle Club with a range near Lake Ki

There's a small 100 yrd range just east of Everett on Homeacres Road

And of course, the millions of acres of State and National Forests.

View Quote

I am in between Bothell and Kirkland, so there is a range in Bothell? Who knew, I will try and check it out.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
That would be the Black Diamond Gun Club in Black Diamond, which is between Auburn and Enumclaw.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That would be the Black Diamond Gun Club in Black Diamond, which is between Auburn and Enumclaw.
View Quote

You know what kind of range they have there?

I've been contemplating moving up there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#9]
The SPD range by Boeing field is only for 100yds. You must be a member to shoot there.

Issaquah and Renton Fish and Game have 100yd ranges.

How far out do you want to go (range)?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all for your replies, looks like the Kenmoore range is the closest (w/300yd range).  
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Click around the [b][green]Wildlife Committee of Washington[/green][/b] site, better known as the [b][red]Kenmore Rifle Range[/red][/b].

[url]http://www.kenmorerange.com/index.htm[/url]

Everything you need to know about the Northwest's premier shooting and archery club.

We've got up to 300-yds. on the Members Only rifle range.
Nice facility.
 Good people.
C'mon down!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Renton Fish & Game Club has 100 & 200 yds. rifle range as well as pistol, trap & skeet.  

$8/session for non-members and $60/annual dues for members.  

Great range with friendly staff.

[url]www.rfgc.org[/url]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Well you just go to the Aurora Bridge and look East.  Look at all the moving targets on I-5!

Seriously though the only place I haven't seen listed is the Tacoma Sportsmans Club.  Out to 200yds on the public range all you can shoot for $5.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Upper Nisqually Sportsmen's Club - Eatonville, WA

[url]http://www.members.tripod.com/unsc/index.htm[/url]

A Premier Sporting Clays Course
5-Stand and Continental Courses (Skeet & Trap)
100 Yard Pistol Range
550 Yard Rifle Range
1000 Yard Rifle Range

Not quite Seattle area, but definitely long range.  I was looking at driving up there from Portland.  Been to Marysville.  There longest is 300 m.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks all for your replies, looks like the Kenmoore range is the closest (w/300yd range).  
View Quote

The only problem with Kenmore is the people who run it.  You're restricted to loading a single round at a time unless you join, go to three meetings, and get approved for "special permission" to load your magazines.  Even then, at least one of the rangemasters has been a dick about it, claiming that it only applies if I'm shooting from the three DCM competition positions.

If you haven't been there before, try to go with someone who knows the rangemasters so you'll get started off on a friendly foot.  I have been present when people left in disgust because the rangemaster on duty treated them like shit.  And I have heard more than a few complaints from people at other ranges about why they'll never go back to Kenmore.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Take I-90 going East out of North Bend, get off at exit 47. Take the first two rights, and then the first available left. You will drive up the side of a mountain. Along the way there will be several places to shoot at ranges from 10 to 1000 yards.

Kyle
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Take I-90 going East out of North Bend, get off at exit 47. Take the first two rights, and then the first available left. You will drive up the side of a mountain. Along the way there will be several places to shoot at ranges from 10 to 1000 yards.

Kyle
View Quote

You should be aware this is probably illegal. I would check with the King County Sheriff's office to be sure, but I believe that in King County it is against the law to shoot anywhere other than recognized shooting ranges. I'm sure there are exceptions for hunting.

I'm not saying don't do it. The odds of getting caught are probably pretty small. I just think people should be making informed decisions and be fully aware of the potential consequences. One run in with a sheriff who decides to be an asshole could cause you a lot of grief.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top