Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2001 3:23:11 PM EDT
Ok guys, I've learned from you what AR-15 mags to buy. Now I have an M1A that came with 7 mags. All seem to work fine, but there are no markings on them at all. Is this normal? How do you tell the different brands and which are the good ones. I posted this on the mag forum, also. Just looking for info.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
GI mags often have the mfgr code on the back.
Sometimes not.There seem to be a lot of mags on the market right now with an odd dark Parkerizing and no marks.They are USGI quality and may be refinished Chinese mags.The best deal on mags is Cole's 10 for $310.
Don't get a blue mag or one that doesn't have the large welded on rear lug.
cpermd

Thanks Raco
I am worn out from the Tulsa show
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That is back lug I thing you are talking about. The USA mags have cutouts in the back tohold the mag in.

I heard Cole's has the best deal on them. One advantage of M1A mags over AR-15 mags is they are much more rugged.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, you're lifesavers. Finally found some marks on 4 of them. Looks like BRW on top of S-1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top