Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2007 8:44:25 PM EDT

I live in the green house way back in the valley.  There is only one road into the valley.  It forks off after you drive through the creek and then one way loops around by my house, and the other goes up the hill behind my house and dead-ends at the edge of state land.

Nothing but miles of scrub land after that.

A couple of weeks ago, I'm at my house when a mid `80's blue/white Chevy 4x4 pickup comes up the road, stops at my No Trespassing sign, then turns around and goes back.  In the back are a couple of Hispanic males, and the cab is full as well.

It looks a lot like a truck that I spotted dumping garbage on public land a few months ago.

I observe the truck going up the hill to the dead-end.

After a few minutes of silence, I decide to investigate on my ATV.  I lock and load my AR and slowly make my way up the road.

I find the truck backed in to a building pad and empty.  I then see the 5 young Hispanic males about 500 yds away, making their way through the scrub, across a valley and headed towards a mountain with a bunch of unique rock formations on top.

I note the plate # on the truck, and go on my way.  They are on public land (of course, their truck is illegally parked on private land, but it's been for sale for a year and they weren't hurting it).

What was odd was that they appeared to be going on a hike, but were wearing street clothes and tennis shoes.  There is no established trail there, and I've never seen anybody out there.

The rock formation they were headed to has piqued my interest before, and I've heard there may be some gold there.

My best guess is that they were simply some high school kids that heard about the legend and decided to explore.

Later that afternoon, a storm moved in and we got a bit of heavy rain.  Another vehicle went up there and I could hear some shouting in Spanish.  Both vehicles left after a few minutes, but it was dark by then and I couldn't tell what they were or how many people left.

My wildest theory is that they were bangers, brought one of their homies on a "hike", offed him back in the boonies, and the ravens are now happy.

Any other theories besides high schoolers just out exploring?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghey wilderness sex.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top