Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2001 9:32:34 AM EDT
Has anyone ordered and recv. one yet? And what was the condition?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
What parts do you need to replace to make it legal to assemble.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
See This: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=57558[/url]

mine should arive tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to the Uppers, Barrels, Etc. forum and do a search for Tapco.  From what I've been reading they are totally unusable assemblages of junk.

"Do what you will,
just don't think anything that says 'surplus' will be very good."
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go to the Uppers, Barrels, Etc. forum and do a search for Tapco.  From what I've been reading they are totally unusable assemblages of junk.

"Do what you will,
just don't think anything that says 'surplus' will be very good."
View Quote

Funny you should mention that because the guys on FAL Files were laughing at us for opinions such as this. Virtually everything they build is from surplus demilled kits, and compared to a lot of the FAL kits floating around, these M16 kits seem pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I have build a couple FALS from R1 and STG kits, I also have a G1 kit waiting in the wings. The Tapco M16A2 I got was not up to the 'good' standards I have gotten from surplus kits before.

While most of the Tapco kit was in good to very good condition as it comes to describing surplused rifle kits the outer condition of the barrel assembly was not.

The entire barrel from the front handguard ring forward was covered in rust. The rust had pitted the metal of the barrel in one spot. The front sight base had taken a good pounding and one of the ears was bent almost straight up.

Inside the barrel looked lightly fired and cleaned up bright, shiny with good rifeling.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Deanh, if you want another, you might want to check with FAC. They have the kits as well.

They don't sound too bad, at least compared to the SA group buy kits on FAL Files.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top