Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 1:44:29 PM EDT
Dunno who in the crap Dethklok is, but I'm digging the new Alter Bridge album.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Alter Bridge= suxor.

Creed sucked like hell, and they're not much better without Scott Staph infection
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

Creed sucked like hell, and they're not much better without Scott Staph infection

"The color green sux!"

"The moon sux!"

"Trees suck!"

What are you... like twelve?

Nevermind... I have a 12-year old and his statements contain more substance than yours. I shouldn't have insulted him wih my remark...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
garbage
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
garbage

Another gem!  

Does your mommy know you're online?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
While they aren't my favorite band, I do admit that some of their songs from their first album were pretty good, imo. I really like "broken wings" and "open your eyes".

Perhaps I'm in the minority.........again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

"The color green sux!"

"The moon sux!"

"Trees suck!"

Nevermind... I have a 12-year old and his statements contain more substance than yours. I shouldn't have insulted him wih my remark...

WTF are you talkin about?  No I'm not 12. I'm 20.  I dont like Alter Bridge. I've never stated that the color green, moon, or trees suck. You posted about a band in General Discussion.  You stated your opinion, I stated mine. I never said you shouldn't listen to them if YOU like them, or say that you like them. Are we not allowed to post our thoughts and opinions if they do not agree with yours?! What are you, a communist?!

ETA: Who has the sig line about the proctologist and the talented carpenter?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

"The color green sux!"

"The moon sux!"

"Trees suck!"

WTF are you talkin about?  No I'm not 12. I'm 20.  I dont like Alter Bridge. I've never stated that the color green, moon, or trees suck. You posted about a band in General Discussion.  You stated your opinion, I stated mine. I never said you shouldn't listen to them if YOU like them, or say that you like them.  What are you, a communist?

Ahhh... the joys of the internet. Arguing whether I'm a "communist" with a 20-year old KID who has a LOT of life to experience yet...

But why not...

You stated that they "suck". You didn't state "I don't like them". You didn't state "I hate them". You stated that they "suck". What exactly is your criteria? And so I may better understand where you originated your opinion... what bands do you think DON'T suck? And while you're at it... what other bands do you think that suck?

That you don't like them, I can deal with. I don't like Chopin, most jazz, or a hundred other artists or styles. But they don't "suck". Saying only that someone "sucks" isn't really saying anything about them at all. It says more about you. Think about it...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
While they aren't my favorite band, I do admit that some of their songs from their first album were pretty good, imo. I really like "broken wings" and "open your eyes".

Perhaps I'm in the minority.........again.

There we go. A post actually worth responding to. There are some tunes on the new CD that are good like the ones on the first. I don't love every song yet. And they're not even close to my favorite either. But of the newer, younger artists I like them more than most because they do have a sense of melody. And I like melody in my agression. Too many "cookie monster" gargling "vocals" in much of today's agressive metal (Lamb of God <--- do not want).
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Sigh...you attacked me pal.  But whatever. The general consensus nationwide is if you say you think something sucks, you typically DO NOT LIKE.

You're the one who is the adult with all the life experience but you're picking fights on the internet?  I dont understand, but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

ETA: Regardless of what "Red_Label" says, I think it's pretty clear to anyone who reads this thread who is being childish.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
you did start this thread with an insult on another band/thread that has nothing to do with this band/thread. kinda set the tone for the thread.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you did start this thread with an insult on another band/thread that has nothing to do with this band/thread. kinda set the tone for the thread.

Not to mention unprovoked personal attacks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#12]
alter bridge sucks, end of story...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That is not an accecptable reply for the holier-than-though OP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sigh...you attacked me pal.  But whatever. The general consensus nationwide is if you say you think something sucks, you typically DO NOT LIKE.

You're the one who is the adult with all the life experience but you're picking fights on the internet?  I dont understand, but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I don't care about the "general consensus nationwide". The general consensus nationwide is that what's going on with Brittney Spears actually matters. That of course, is not the case.

I've played pro/semi-pro in metal, rock, and country bands for 20+ years. I've taught guitar for most of that time. I studied classical guitar at a four-year university under America's premier classical concert artist (Christopher Parkening). So I know music. And I know talent. And the guys from Alter Bridge have some of it. They are not virtuosos, but they are good. And I think their songwriting abilities are great for their style. THAT is why I took offense to the phrase "they suck". Because as a musician, when I hear that phrase it makes me think that the utterer of it must be a musician of giant caliber to be able to state that something that actually has musical merit, "sucks". I can't stand Mariah Carey. But she's got tremendous musical talent and most certainly does not suck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I really dug the first album - the singer has an amazing range.

When I saw that AB had a new disc out I was happy... I'm sure it's good music.

Now, when Wolfmother puts a new disc out, I'll be VERY happy...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is not an accecptable reply for the holier-than-though OP.

I know... you're 20 and you know everything. Old guys don't know crap and are just "holier-than-thou".

BTW... you never responded to my request that you list some bands that you think DO suck and more that you think DON'T suck. It should be highly illuminating to see...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Are they some kind of EMO band?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Actually, I did not insult them. Have NEVER even heard of them before today. I didn't say they "suck", did I? I suspect by the name alone, that I won't like them. But it may not turn out to be the case and I doubt that I'll think they suck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I like Alter Bridge.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I like Alter Bridge.

How could you? Everyone knows "they suck".
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

Even Jesus hates Creed.  Alter Bridge sucks just as bad.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't care about the general consensus nationwide. The general consensus nationwide is that what's going one with Brittney Spears actually matters. That of course, is not the case.

I've played pro/semi-pro in metal, rock, and country bands for 20+ years. I've taught guitar for most of that time. I studied classical guitar at a four-year university under America's premier classical concert artist (Christopher Parkening). So I know music. And I know talent. And the guys from Alter Bridge have some of it. They are not virtuosos, but they are good. And I think their songwriting abilities are great for their style. THAT is why I took offense to the phrase "they suck". Because as a musician, when I hear that phrase it makes me think that the utterer of it must be a musician of giant caliber to be able to state that something that actually has musical merit, "sucks". I can't stand Mariah Carey. But she's got tremendous musical talent and most certainly does not suck.

Saying they suck means that it just doesn't apeal to me. Congratulations on your musical background, I hope that it has made you successful. However, I really find offense with your personal attacks because you are intollerant of my opinion. That's more of what a 12 year old would do, than simply say a band sucks.  The band Alter Bridge has a bland sound to me. It's too "pop-esque"  It just doesn't sound original.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

Swiss cheese bad?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like Alter Bridge.

How could you? Everyone knows "they suck".

I guess I shouldn't admit that I liked Creed too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I really dug the first album - the singer has an amazing range.

When I saw that AB had a new disc out I was happy... I'm sure it's good music.

Now, when Wolfmother puts a new disc out, I'll be VERY happy...

Wolfmother puts on a great concert!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Saying they suck means that it just doesn't apeal to me. Congratulations on your musical background, I hope that it has made you successful. However, I really find offense with your personal attacks because you are intollerant of my opinion. That's more of what a 12 year old would do, than simply say a band sucks.  The band Alter Bridge has a bland sound to me. It's too "pop-esque"  It just doesn't sound original.

So WHY didn't you phrase it that way in the first place? What you just wrote (in red) is NOT the same as saying a band "sucks". What you just wrote is an opinion worth sharing. I may not agree with it. But it has merit. And I agree that Alter Bridge is not extremely original. Not many bands are these days...

BTW... had your first post been like the above, I wouldn't have questioned your age. I used to load freight with a bunch of younger 18-22 year-olds. Every other word was the F-word. They had no vocabulary. It was just filler. I'm sure that most of them have develped more of a vocabulary by now. Saying something "sucks" does say that you don't like it. But it doesn't say WHY. And it's an insult to the talent that is there (whether you think they possess it or not).
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I did not insult them. Have NEVER even heard of them before today. I didn't say they "suck", did I? I suspect by the name alone, that I won't like them. But it may not turn out to be the case and I doubt that I'll think they suck.

I like Tool, Godsmack, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave, Tantric, Taproot, Days of the New, Bush, there are plenty more, but those will do for now.  Feel free to critique them all you want without being called any more names.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

Swiss cheese bad?

Definitely Swiss cheese bad.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHY didn't you phrase it that way in the first place? What you just wrote (in red) is NOT the same as saying a band "sucks". What you just wrote is an opinion worth sharing. I may not agree with it. But it has merit. And I agree that Alter Bridge is not extremely original. Not many bands are these days...

Honestly, because I didn't figure I would catch such a fucking backlash for sayin that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alter Bridge= suxor.

Swiss cheese bad?

Definitely Swiss cheese bad.  

Well crap they must suck...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like Tool, Godsmack, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave, Tantric, Taproot, Days of the New, Bush, there are plenty more, but those will do for now.  Feel free to critique them all you want without being called any more names.

Those we can agree on. In fact, I'm going to see the Tool show when they come here in November.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, because I didn't figure I would catch such a fucking backlash for sayin that.

My post above illustrates why I took offense to your initial statement. Mark Tremonti is not the most talented rock guitarist out there. But for the "new generation" of players in the public eye, he is one of the better ones. The song "One Day Remains" is a prime example of a tune that takes decent chops to play. The other guys in the band are very good as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those we can agree on. In fact, I'm going to see the Tool show when they come here in November.

Okay, I am no longer pissed off as bad.  Most people have never even heard of Days of the New, and if you like them and have never listened to Tantric, you would like them too. Same boys, same sound, but without the lead singer since he flipped the fuck out and got hooked on Meth. Oh, and I would love to see Tool sometime!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I am no longer pissed off as bad.  Most people have never even heard of Days of the New, and if you like them and have never listened to Tantric, you would like them too. Same boys, same sound, but without the lead singer since he flipped the fuck out and got hooked on Meth. Oh, and I would love to see Tool sometime!

Days of the New = not teh suk.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that. I apologize for flinging sh#t at you. I tend to take it personally when someone says that a band I like sucks because I am a musician. I don't like bands that I consider to be devoid of talent. So of course, I don't think of bands that I personally like as sucking. But I can deal with someone's tastes being different.

Yeah, I'm going to Tool and Ozzy shows next month. Which is a big deal since I live in the "wild west" of MT. I forgot to make Tantric red as well, cause I have a bunch of their tunes and I like them as well. I'm not big on acoustic rock, but Tantric/Days of the New did an awesome job of making it sort of "heavy" while unplugged. Too bad about that singer/song-writer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Days of the New = not teh suk.

"You dont know me mother fucka"
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Yeah, I'm going to Tool and Ozzy shows next month. Which is a big deal since I live in the "wild west" of MT. I forgot to make Tantric red as well, cause I have a bunch of their tunes and I like them as well. I'm not big on acoustic rock, but Tantric/Days of the New did an awesome job of making it sort of "heavy" while unplugged. Too bad about that singer/song-writer.

I know Those two bands are my favorite bands.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

You should be a rockstar, how many labels are you currently signed with? Damn Esteban should be in fear for his job, we have a regular Hendrix on our hands.

ETA: 30 seconds to marrs rocks.

What does ANY of your rant have to do with the point that I made? (Reminder: that I don't like it when a good musician is said to "suck".) You don't know me and you don't know my abilities. Your reference to Esteban is comical. He certainly does NOT suck, but is little more than a glorified used car salesman for TV shopping networks. I ASSume you dropped his name because of my reference to my classical background? If that's the case, then you might want to refer instead to someone more respected in the guitar community (list ANY REAL classical/flamenco musician instead). I don't want Esteban's job. I don't have enough Zoro-inspired clothing to cut it. You failed in your attempt to put me in my place. Try again...

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I don't know why it's so cool to bash Creed.  They aren't the best band ever, but neither are they the worst by far.  I like some of their songs.

+1

I pull-out a Creed CD now and then when I'm in the mood. They aren't my favorite (just like Alter Bridge). But I enjoy them occasionally.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#40]
I liked Alter Bridge's first cd, had several good songs.  Haven't yet heard anything from the new one.
I'll admit I like Creed too.  Saw them in concert and they put on a helluva show.  And you know what?  Tantric opened for Creed.  Tantric was so kick ass, I could have left the concert after they played and been just as happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top