Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 1:50:14 PM EDT
My guess is they will wait out the union,declare bankruptcy, shed money losing operations, and dump retirement costs. They will then move to a state like Kentucky or Texas where they don't have to worry about unions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess is that Chrysler holds the cards, and the union knows it. So the union will symbolically strike to make the rank-and-file think they're really fighting for them, even as the union management is rolling over and giving up their bellies to Chrysler. (edit: this is exactly what I think happened in the GM negotiations)

The strike will last 3 days, MAYBE a week, and it will all be for show. The result is a foregone conclusion: Chrysler/Cerberus is not going to continue bearing the healthcare cost if GM isn't. Chrysler and Ford (when their contract is up) are in NO position to cave now and would lose further market share to the imports and GM.

It's all in how it's structured and couched to the rank-and-file.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess is the PT Cruiser will continue to be as ugly as homemade sin.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
They will settle and announce the revival of the K-car!!!

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I predict that I still won't be able to afford a Rubicon, even though I really want one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The strike is over.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Who cares - the morons didn't put the Common Rail Diesels into the Jeeps this year.

*(&^*&%^&$^#%@^$#@!

The execs at Chrysler lost any and all sympathy with that bone-headed move.

IIRC that's coming pretty soon. '09 or '10 model year maybe? It's been a while since I read something about it.

I saw both a Liberty CRD and a Grand Cherokee CRD at different times the last couple of years. Of course I drive by the Chrysler Tech Center all the time, and they were company-owned...

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#9]
so much for my predictions on union matters
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The Chrysler strike lasted less than 6 hours.  In case you can't tell, the UAW leadership is very much feigning the whole "looking out for the members" bit by calling these strikes.  You really think they hammered out a massive concession agreement for both sides in a matter of six hours that they were somehow unable to accomplish in the previous week?  UAW shows its true colors again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who cares - the morons didn't put the Common Rail Diesels into the Jeeps this year.

*(&^*&%^&$^#%@^$#@!

The execs at Chrysler lost any and all sympathy with that bone-headed move.

CRD Wont meet emissions - sorry EPAs fault.

Im like others - strikes purely a show

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Since Cerebrus (sp?) owns Chrysler and Bushmaster, I want a Jeep branded AR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top