Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 3:34:04 PM EDT
I have a 4-wheeler, tractor, go-kart, and a trailer. A couple of these items need new tires. I was looking at the sizes and they're not the same format as car tires. I went to Tractor Supply and they all didn't seem to go off the same format so I am confused.

I thought I understood this before but I got it all wrong I guess. The go-kart I have had 20X10-8 turf savers like on my tractor. No good in the woods so I hit Walmart for some traction. I bought some Carlisle 22X11-8. From what I understood the wheel is 8". The other 2 numbers were only a little bigger. When I put in air I about fell over. These things are twice as tall and fat. Is there a difference in turf saver and atv type tires? The numbers are close but there is no comparison in size.

Can someone explain what the numbers mean? Here is an example of one of mine.
15X6.00-6

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
tire height, tread width, wheel diameter.

If you put too much air in ATV tires (especially small ply-number tires like the Carlisles) then they really balloon out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
How much air did you put in?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Using your example
15 - is tire height
6.00 - is tread width
6 - is rim diameter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top