Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 2:04:02 PM EDT

The guy I bought them from said that they fit a 7.62X39 Saiga, so I bought them thinking that they'd fit my AK47. Well as you see in the pic there's extra material on the "Saiga" mag that the AK mag does not have.

I'm 99% sure that Saiga doesn't make a specific mag for their guns so what does this mag fit? It's identical to an AK mag except for the mag catch.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Saigas have a proprietary magazine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
So I am guessing that they DONT fit your AK?

Get a Dremel and grind the offending material away...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah they don't fit, I plan on making them fit but I just want to be sure that it's not an overly expensive mag before I start cutting the thing up
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah they don't fit, I plan on making them fit but I just want to be sure that it's not an overly expensive mag before I start cutting the thing up

Don't do that, Saiga mags are harder to come by & much more expensive than AK mags, Just sell them on the Equipment exchange & pick up a few AK mags to replace them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't do that, Saiga mags are harder to come by & much more expensive than AK mags, Just sell them on the Equipment exchange & pick up a few AK mags to replace them.

This is the kind of info that I was looking for

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top