Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:17:40 PM EDT
One of the questions on this "health screening survey" was

"Do you keep a handgun in your house?"
Yes or no.

WTF does that have to do with my health?

Seeing as there was no room for a MYOFB response...I answered "no"
I do not keep "A" handgun in the house...I keep several.

I told my HR manager that that question is BS and why is it their concern? Why not ask if I keep lots of sleeping pills as well? Obviously the target of that question is "Do you have the ability to nibble on the buisiness end of a S&W?"

I'm still a little pissed off.

[Rant mode off]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Or maybe it was a "do you have the ability to come in and start shooting people" type of question.  

Either way, I wouldn't have answered it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
At least they did not ask you about anal sex.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if your falsified answer might enable them to deny you benefits at some point down the road.

I too think the question is BS.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or maybe it was a "do you have the ability to come in and start shooting people" type of question.  

Why a handgun? Seems to me any firearm would do. Not that I ever would do it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Whenever those nosy surveys come out, mine always finds its way to the shitcan, unanswered.

My health is none of my employer's business and when I'm asked as to the status of my survey, I tell'im where it's at and why.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder if your falsified answer might enable them to deny you benefits at some point down the road.

I too think the question is BS.  

No, it's all in how you read the question. I didn't lie.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple.  Nobody wants to piss off the Fudds.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
wow, i'd be seriously pissed if I was asked that by my health insurance provider
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple.  Nobody wants to piss off the Fudds.  

That's kinda what I think.  I have a friend who was the HR manager for a large corporation and he said that he didn't know why it had to be stated that way, but the legal dept. said it did.  Most of this crap comes from the legal departments.

ETA:  Just to be clear, I asked him about this about 4 years ago, when I was still working for that same corporation.  I didn't answer the question and nobody said anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
When my friend's stepdaughter went from middle school to high school they go to a personal interview with a guidance counselor (presumably to determine if they live in an abusive home) and they ask if there are guns in the house, and how many.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top