Posted: 9/30/2007 9:13:18 PM EDT
Yeah, they're hard workers, and they're also hard welfare scammers

Illegal Alien Welfare Costs Exceed $35 Million
KHTS AM 1220
Sep 30, 2007
http://www.hometownstation.com/illegal-alien-welfare-2007-09-28-11-41-4.html
Illegal Alien Welfare Costs Exceed $35 Million

Total annual cost of illegals on taxpayers exceeds $1 billion
(This is ONE city we're talking about here)

LA County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich has announced that a new report shows illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected over $35 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in July.

In the report, illegals are said to have collected nearly $20 million in welfare assistance for July 2007 and an additional $15 million in monthly food stamp allocations for an estimated annual cost of $440 million.

“Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers,”said Antonovich. “In addition to $220 million for public safety and $400 million for healthcare, the $440 million in welfare allocations bring the total cost to County taxpayers that exceeds $1 billion a year -- this does not include the skyrocketing cost of education.”
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
This is why there is no such thing as "cheap" illegal alien labor. The taxpayers are subsidizing that labor pool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, stupid question... How does an illegal collect welfare?

If they don't have proper ID, how do they do it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Some of them use "fake" ss#s
some of them just claim it with
the COMPLETE approval of the
.gov workers, in the name of
job security, don't you know
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
whould it not be more cost effective to simply require you request your welfare in english?
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Technically that would be one county not city,  22bad.
We won't even talk about how much money they cost the county for medical care and jail incarceration.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely amazing.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
So how much do all the other minorities and 16yo old white girls with kids cost the city?

Ask Cali politicians why someone who is here illegally is even qualified to recieve state assistence?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So how much do all the other minorities and 16yo old white girls with kids cost the city?

Ask Cali politicians why someone who is here illegally is even qualified to recieve state assistence?  

Yeah, because a Billion Dollars for Illegals is probably a bargain compared to what the other freeloaders cost.                                  
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The New America= The average citizen takes it in the ass, and he or she is not allowed to complain.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because a Billion Dollars for Illegals is probably a bargain compared to what the other freeloaders cost.                                  

I'd be willing to bet that illegals are at LEAST 50% of their payments in THAT area
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The New America= The average citizen takes it in the ass, and he or she is not allowed to complain.

We're complaining allright

THAT is why all 20-30million

of them are not legal already
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#13]
But I thought they came here to work, not collect benefits at the taxpayer's expense?

Employing illegals isn't a zero sum game; those that employ them rather than Americans reap all the benefits of their cheap labor; everyone else pays for the difference.

Cheap illegal mexican labor is an illusion, and more and more Americans are beginning to see through it..
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna give up on posting stuff.

Between you and HH, the 2 of you scoop me at every turn.  If it wasn't for the Search function, I'd be a Dupe Meister.

Good work, man.

Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
This will always go on until we END WELFARE.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
The two most often heard lies:

But they contribute Billions of Dollars a year to the economy

Without their labor our economy would collapse
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ending welfare will also solve half of our illegal alien problem.  Without welfare a lot of deadbeat couch sitters will be out looking for work and the USA won't need the illegals,  
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

As per the Clinton Administration making a GHW Bush rule permanent, they aren't allowed to ask if you are here illegally.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Kill it with Fire  
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ending welfare will also solve half of our illegal alien problem.  Without welfare a lot of deadbeat couch sitters will be out looking for work and the USA won't need the illegals,  

That is a very good point.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Just eating the Govt Cheese Americans are unwilling or unable to choke down..
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Just eating the Govt CheeseHUGE STEAKS AND OTHER FINE FOODS Americans are unwilling or unable to choke down..

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#23]
This is exactly how societies collapse. Anyone who cant see it coming is a moron.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
<SNIP>

Like the man said...

Open borders OR a welfare state...

You CAN'T have both.

Uh... get it?

(Please note, that last line was not directed at my fellow Arfcommers... it was aimed at my fellow "Americans"...
who still haven't woken up from that "Monday Night Football", "Desperate Housewives", fucking coma that they're in.)
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just eating the Govt CheeseHUGE STEAKS AND OTHER FINE FOODS Americans are unwilling or unable to choke down..

fixed it for you

Holy shit amen to that!!!

It pisses me off to no end to have to budget, save and scrimp to get by on food and not take welfare....

steaks? Unless its venison those are pretty rare around my place, things like that have to be budgeted in....

.... then I get to go into the store and stand in the checkout line behind someone using welfare to pay for the cart loaded down with ribeyes, new yorks and the likes.

Really though, how many times have you seen someone on welfare buying the cheaper items or store brands to save money? I can tell you from working in grocery for many years in my youth.... that aint the way it goes. Most stuff is top shelf... Shit, why the hell would they care? THEY arent paying for it... it's free money.

I say shut down welfare. Get rid of it unless you can get a checkoff that you CANNOT work by a panel of doctors or if there are circumstances that require temporary assistance such as the death of a spouse.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It pisses me off to no end to have to budget, save and scrimp to get by on food and not take welfare....

steaks? Unless its venison those are pretty rare around my place, things like that have to be budgeted in....

The really shitty thing about the Internet is that one is no longer able to escape from "uncomfortable" reality.

This quote REALLY bothers me.

This country is OUR home.

Me?

I take care of ME and MINE... before anyone else.

THAT... IMHO, is the way this country should be.

Until EVERY American goes to sleep at night with a full belly... and doesn't have to "budget" for a friggin steak?

We shouldn't give a SHIT about anyone else.

Period.

WE... EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US... SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT THAT QUOTE HAD TO COME FROM AN "AMERICAN".

Just what the FUCK... is wrong with this country?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The two most often heard lies:

But they contribute Billions of Dollars a year to the economy

Without their labor our economy would collapse

They suck billions of dollars a year OUT of our economy

and, their labor does suppress wages for our US workers
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Screw the whole 16th amend. debate!

If there ever was a reason NOT to pay taxes--this is it!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yet another sterling example of why government should not be involved with 'welfare' or any other wealth redistribution scheme.

They've PROVEN their incompetence, what's our redress?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yet another sterling example of why government should not be involved with 'welfare' or any other wealth redistribution scheme.

They have done such a nice job of dealing with welfare they should be given control of all medicine in the USA.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have done such a nice job of dealing with welfare they should be given control of all medicine in the USA.  

Yeah, their handling of welfare, our schools and our veterans care should
be getting them jail sentences, not greater responsibilities, we are screwed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top