Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 7:56:19 AM EDT
I am trying to call them and I get a "call cannot be completed as dialed".  Their web site is also down.  What gives and has anybody talked to them lately. thanks1
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in the store yesterday. Busy as hell.

Are you using the new 631 area code ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I am using it, but sometimes area codes tend to not always "take hold" everytime, I will keep on trying.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
PLease take your business other places. I cant stand the people that own the shop. But its a free country and if you feel they deserve your dollar then let me stand aside. the attitude of these tough-guys is sick
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey tloc45,
Amen brother. Those guys have the personalities of a rock! Avoid them like the plague.

ps. Anybody that sues a local shooting range because they can't get their way is seriously fu*ked!!!! Huh.....sue a range that people buy guns and ammo to use at, did they forget what they are in business for!!! These guys are backward folk!

Ybbeat
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Avoid those guys like the plague!  Take your money somewhere else.  There are plenty of reputable dealers that have the same prices and will actually give you halfway decent customer service.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
They seem to have good prices.  They used to be Burns Bros.  I ordered from them a couple of times and had no problems.  I must say that it's been over a year and a half since I bought from them though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Aaaaaahhhhh yes, Burns Bros.

Send you money some place else. They have good deals on ammo but the guys that work there are total dicks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
So they tend to be "interesting"?  Good to know, but I still have some stuff on order, which of course has not yet been delivered.  OK, now I know what to do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am trying to call them and I get a "call cannot be completed as dialed".  Their web site is also down.  What gives and has anybody talked to them lately. thanks1
View Quote

Here is the number I have; (631)234-7676, same??

Guys from LI, what dealers do you use? I had a problem with a "Guns & Ammo" on Sunrise HWY. in Bohemia. I already blabbed about it here[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=61676[/url]

My brother ended up buying a Winchester 1300 from Wholesale Guns and Ammo yesterday. Our intention was to get it from the other shop but.......(go to the link above) [argue]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guys from LI, what dealers do you use?
View Quote

TNT Guns in Floral Park and Collosium Guns in Hempstead.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys from LI, what dealers do you use?
View Quote

TNT Guns in Floral Park and Collosium Guns in Hempstead.
View Quote

[size=3]Thanks for the TIP FLIP!![/size=3][:D]

I will check them out for my next purchases. Closer to home too!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aaaaaahhhhh yes, Burns Bros.

Send you money some place else. They have good deals on ammo but the guys that work there are total dicks.
View Quote

I made the mistake of doing business with Burns Bros & they shorted me on some parts for a stock for a L1A1. I bad mouthed them all over every chance I could. I didn't know they had changed names.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Long Island here , I just picked up a CETME G-3 from these guys and the gun works like a dream , I do however understand why some people dont like them . They are basically known for having alot of the things most gunstores in Long Island / NYC dont have , including alot of surplus stuff.

Coliseum guns have a lot of really good guns including alot of Kimbers , Berettas and most anything else , but they are also lacking in the manners dept. as well as some of their guys dont know shit.They are also pricey.

TNT in Seaford has good selection and the prices are ok but many of the kids that work there dont know much, but really believe they do and really sell people alot of BS.

American Outdoor sports has a decent selection of long arms but not to many handguns , they are a little pricey as well and customer service is spotty.They do carry alot of outdoors and camping equipt.

TNT in floral park is small with limited stock.

I wont deal with Guns and Ammo at all the guy is a jerk.

The best place to go for handguns is New York Ironworks in the city , they have good prices on LE guns and a very good selection of guns and LE gear. You can also find alot of high end / hard to find optics and guns there.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Are any of the Long Island Shooters going to be at Calverton this Sunday?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I buy from Suffolk Ammo in Holbrook. They show you the wholesale cost and then charge a percentage about 10-15% over there cost. They don't stock much in the way of firearms but will order anything, so if you know what you want and don't just want to fondle some firearms and jerk the sales guy around this is a great place. Ammo prices are also very good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Camp site sport shop in huntington-GREAT staff, nice selection, also have a fly fishing department.
Chester's hunting & fishing-Huge selection-a bit overpriced, but a great store.
Ye olde gun shoppe in Deer Park-Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the guy has GREAT deals and is an excellent gun smith.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are any of the Long Island Shooters going to be at Calverton this Sunday?
View Quote

I'll be there Saturday
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#18]
ATTN: LONG ISLAND GUYS

Long Island Shooting Center in Islip
130 Freeman Ave, Islip NY 11751
631-665-7011

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The best place to go for handguns is New York Ironworks in the city , they have good prices on LE guns and a very good selection of guns and LE gear. You can also find alot of high end / hard to find optics and guns there.
View Quote

Negative K. 10-90X
That guy is a jerk. He actually doubled the price on certain NYPD shirts because all the other visiting Police Dept.'s were coming into his shop during the WTC rescue to buy NYPD gear!

You want some nice guys? Go to
West Side Rifle&Pistol Range
20 West 20th NYC
(212)243-9948 ask for Darren
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I buy from Suffolk Ammo in Holbrook. They show you the wholesale cost and then charge a percentage about 10-15% over there cost. They don't stock much in the way of firearms but will order anything, so if you know what you want and don't just want to fondle some firearms and jerk the sales guy around this is a great place. Ammo prices are also very good.
View Quote

GTOGUY, what is their address/and or phone number?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Camp site sport shop in huntington-GREAT staff, nice selection, also have a fly fishing department.
Ye olde gun shoppe in Deer Park-Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the guy has GREAT deals and is an excellent gun smith.
View Quote

Addresses??
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Addresses??
View Quote

A quick search on google should bring them up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top